VP (Head), US Medical Affairs - build from scratch | Top Oncology Biotech | PA / NJ Area
SUMMARY: Cornerstone Search Group’s MD Practice is seeking an experienced and impactful Oncology/Heme-Once US Medical Affairs leader to join our client as a Vice President to build a US Medical Affairs department (in-house and field-based) from scratch for one of the industry’s most exciting oncology/heme-onc biotechs (multiple approved BLAs, >15 asset pipeline, 50%+ increase in stock price this year). Having recently helped our client on a retained search for another key position in a department reporting up to this same hiring manager, we can have informed confidential discussions to help you determine if this is the right opportunity for you to investigate. Our client is based in the Pennsylvania / New Jersey Pharmaceutical Corridor and has very attractive compensation policies that have helped them attract a very strong team from top pharma companies.
4 MOST ATTRACTIVE FEATURES:
(1) Opportunity to build a US Medical Affairs organization from scratch that includes both in-house and field-based personnel responsible for all facets of Medical Affairs
(2) Company’s Strong Stock Performance: Our client is one of the strongest performing stocks over the last 5 years, including a 50%+ gain this year. Their rising stock price, combined with one of the industry’s strongest stock incentive plans (far superior to Big Pharma), has along with other factors (pipeline, scientific prowess, culture) made our Client an “employer of choice”. This is an opportunity to join this era’s Regeneron / Celgene / Vertex.
(3) “Best of Both Worlds”: Enjoy the benefit of working in a smaller, entrepreneurial, fast-moving environment where you will work with senior management while simultaneously enjoy the stability and security of working for a highly successful company with the stability afforded by their outsized financial strength (market cap, revenue, and cash-on-hand are that the equivalent of a much larger company) and pipeline that has attracted strong industry veterans from top large pharmas.
(4) “Game Changing” 15+ Asset Pipeline: Our client’s vast pipeline is self-developed and built upon multiple self-discovered antibody engineering platforms. Their monoclonal, ADC and bi-specific antibody therapeutics are all cutting edge and designed to provide a significant advancement in patient care.
LOCATION: Our client is conveniently located for people who live in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. This scenic area is home to many other pharma and biotech companies, affordable housing options (a lot less expensive than California or Massachusetts), and is considered to have some of the best public-school districts in the country.
RELOCATION: Our client can offer an attractive relocation plan for a post-COVID 19 relocation. In the meantime, our client is not requiring people to work on-site.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL:
- Reporting to Global Head of Medical Affairs, build and manage a US Medical Affairs team from scratch, including in-house and field-based personnel, to lead all peri- and post-launch medical activities in the US.
- Lead all communication efforts (verbally and in writings) on a proactive and reactive nature.
- Develop relationship with PAGs (patient advocacy groups) and Cooperative Groups.
- Provide US input into global clinical development plans.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- MD (or equivalent) is a plus
- Strong Medical Affairs experience including US launch leadership experience
- Direct report experience. It will be considered a plus (but is not required) if you have experience building and/or managing an MSL team and other Medical Affairs personnel such as Publications, IIS, etc.
- Desire to build up a US Medical Affairs group in a fast-paced environment and for multiple first-in-class assets.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing impactful strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with Commercial.
- Demonstrated ability to strategize and communicate a differentiated value proposition to patients, healthcare professionals, and payers.
- Need to be a natural fit for a culture that is collaborative, intellectually inquisitive, hands-on, thinks about long-term foundation building, and is focused on results (not politics).
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Senior Partner
P: 973.656.0220 x 716
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA