VP, Head of RWE Data Science | Top Global Pharma | work from CA, MA, or NY/NJ/PA: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone Search Group’s HEOR/RWE/Market Access Specialty Practice (established in 2008) has been retained by one of the most admired large global pharmaceutical companies to conduct a retained search for a newly created role: VP, Head of Real World Evidence Data Science. This highly visible, strategic, and impactful role reports to a highly influential and inspiring Chief Data Science Officer who in turn reports to the Global Head of R&D, a passionate believer in the importance of integrating Data Science into every function of R&D (from Discovery through Regulatory Submission) rather than it being a mere supportive function.
4 ATTRACTIVE FEATURES OF THIS OPPORTUNITY:
(1) Employer of Choice: Our client is considered a pre-eminent industry leader, lauded as a great place to work, enjoys a sterling corporate reputation, has an outstanding pipeline (diverse, innovative, and large), and enjoys increasing revenue across a wide range of products (many recently approved blockbusters) rather than just one or a few dominant products that may face patent expiration and/or competitive threats. It is not only a company that you can be proud to work at, but it has the intangible and tangible qualities that will help you attract and retain top talent.
(2) Influence: You will report into the Head of Data Science who reports directly into the Global Head of R&D who passionately believes in the role Data Science can and should play in all R&D activities ranging from Drug Discovery to Regulatory submissions and everything in between (i.e., HEOR, BD, Clinical Development, Translational Science/Medicine).
(3) Career Growth: Our client is one of the few pharma companies that provide their top performers with the ability to “spread their wings” and take on new roles throughout the organization rather than keeping them siloed in one area of expertise. This is one of many reasons why they have low turnover.
(4) Ability to Work and Hire from Multiple Locations: Our client has hubs in Boston, San Francisco, and the NY/NJ/PA metro area, giving you location flexibility if you need or want to live in different areas of the country in the future, and very importantly allowing you to have your team located in any of these 3 data science hotbeds.
LOCATION: This position can be based in either the NY/NJ/PA Metro Area, the San Francisco Bay, CA area, or the Boston/Cambridge, MA area
RELOCATION: Our client can offer an attractive relocation plan for a post-COVID 19 relocation. In the meantime, our client is not requiring people to work on-site.
COMPENSATION: Our client offers one of the industry’s strongest and most comprehensive compensation and benefits packages and can offer a sign-on bonus to offset unvested stock and other types of forfeitures.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to the Chief Data Science Officer.
- Lead a high performing team of RWE data scientists that is presently double digit in size with plans for this incoming leader to double its size. As a technically strong leader, you will help institute best engineering practices and further build out this team to cover the full range of technical capabilities.
- Lead, develop, and execute on advanced analytics for Real World Evidence use cases. Drive RWE analytics for large, strategic, and complex data science projects to achieve high impact.
- Provide thought leadership on Real World Data methodological background including methods, algorithms, model development and validation, tools, etc.
- Work side-by-side with the AI/ML Analytics team to ensure the optimal combination of RWD/E methodologies and analytics along with AI/ML solutions are being leveraged.
- Partner with the Data Science Portfolio Management and Data Platform teams to execute on the priorities, pragmatically building a roadmap from test and learn to scale up and deployment.
- Create and nurture partnerships and alliances with external stakeholders, leveraging our client’s already strong long-term reputation for successful external partnerships.
- Create and nurture partnerships and alliances with internal stakeholders, becoming a trusted Real World Evidence advisor on data and analytics techniques by coupling your technical acumen with a strong understanding of business drivers and the underlying data.
DESIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCES:
- PhD or MS is desired in such relevant disciplines as Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Epidemiology, Statistics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc.
- Ideally 10+ years of collective and relevant experience in the pharma industry, in academia, for a vendor/CRO, for an RWE/RWD data solutions developer/provider, or in strategic consulting.
- Expertise in the effective use of RWE by the HEOR (health economics and outcomes research) function as well as other functions in R&D, ranging from Drug Discovery through to Clinical Development and Regulatory submissions.
- Possess the necessary technical domain “know-how” to coach and grow this team.
- The ability and inclination to: (1) influence a matrixed global organization; (2) develop, advocate, and execute a strategy; (3) develop, prioritize, and manage a large portfolio of complex and ambitious projects, and (4) effectively manage internal and external stakeholder expectations.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Bi-lingual ability to converse in the languages of both RWE/Data Science AND life sciences/drug discovery and development. Seeking an inspiring RWE Data Science evangelist who can communicate technical information and vision in a clear, concise, and exciting way to diverse audiences (C-level, Discovery Scientists, Translational Med/Science, Clinical Development, HEOR, Med Affairs, Epidemiology, Drug Safety/PV, etc.).
- Seeking someone who will fit in with their culture: people who are passionate about what they do, life-long learners, team players, and wake up every day with a pro-active desire to make an impact.
Rita Boyle | Partner
P: 973.656.0220 x735
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Senior Partner
P: 973.656.0220 x 716
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Examples of Retained Search Assignments:
- CEO | specialty start-up
- US CEO | established European small pharma
- CMO | late-stage public biotech
- CMO | mid-size pharma
- CSO | mid-size global biotech
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD generics
- SVP, Head of Global Medical Affairs | mid-size oncology company
- SVP, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs | late-stage Israeli biotech
- Group VP, Global Commercial Head | API Business Unit | Indian pharma
- VP, Global Head of Biometrics | NYC commercial-stage biotech
- VP, Head of Regulatory Affairs | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Regulatory Affairs | NYC commercial-stage biotech
- VP, Head of R&D Operations | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Health Economics & Outcomes Research | Top CNS specialty pharma
- VP, Head of Real-World Evidence | Top 5 pharma
- VP, Head of Heme/Onc Clinical Research | Public oncology biotech
- VP, Head of Global Drug Safety & PV | Chinese oncology biotech
- Executive Director, Head of Global Clinical Pharmacology | Public oncology biotech
- Medical Director, Clinical Development | Boston biotech
- Medical Director, Translational Medicine, Neuroscience | Top 5 Biotech
- AD/Director/SD, US and Global HEOR/RWE/Market Access – 75+ assignments
Keywords: Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning NLP natural language processing real-world evidence real-word data data analytics NJ NYC NY PA Princeton Philadelphia Cambridge MA Massachusetts California New York New Jersey