VP (Head), GLOBAL BIOMETRICS | Public Biotech in NY/NJ area | First-in-Class Cell Therapy Platform: RETAINED SEARCH
Summary: Cornerstone Search Group has been retained by a publicly traded, cutting-edge, cell therapy biotech with one approved treatment and a robust late-stage pipeline across multiple therapeutic areas that is built upon their first-in-class cell therapy biologics platform. With a physician scientist as CEO, this company prides itself on “owning” its own data, as they consider it critical to their success and a competitive advantage when working with partners in industry and academia. Cornerstone Search Group has a long-term relationship with this company, having helped them hire many key executives (e.g. CMO, CCO). With a mid- and late-stage pipeline of assets addressing a wide breadth of indications, they anticipate filing multiple BLAs in the US/Europe/Asia in the near future. Our client is seeking an experienced Statistician leader with the ability to work across a dynamic, global environment and lead Biometrics (Statistics / Programming / Data Management) across the executive leadership team, cross-functional internal teams, as well as all with regulatory agencies (FDA, EMA, PMDA, NMPA, etc.) and partners. While you will have a growing team of direct reports across statistics, programming and data management, this position requires a hands-on leader with the ability to influence across the organization and externally.
Position: Vice President (Global Head) - Biometrics (Statistics / Programming / Data Management)
Location: New York/New Jersey Metro Area with some work-at-home flexibility.
Our client’s location is convenient for people who live in North/Central NJ, New York City, Southern NY State, or Southern Connecticut. This allows you to live in NYC or in the numerous smaller cities and suburban locations of the tri-state area, with many featuring top-notch school systems and proximity to other pharma/biotech, finance, and IT companies.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION & COMPANY:
- Data-Focused Company: Led by a CEO who is a physician scientist, this company prides itself on “owning” its own data, as they consider it critical to their success and a competitive advantage when working with partners in industry and academia.
- Visibility: You will work closely with C-level executives, including the CEO who respects/values data from being a physician scientist.
- Experienced & Personable CMO / Hiring Manager: This position reports to the Chief Medical Officer, who has both Big Pharma and biotech experience. We have known the CMO for many years, who has a well-deserved reputation for being a strong leader whom people enjoy working for.
- Innovative Company: Work for a unique cell therapy biotechnology platform company which is focused on innovative/ground-breaking/first-in-class therapies.
- "Best of Both Worlds”: Our client combines the attractive features of a quickly growing, entrepreneurial Biotech (small team comradery, fast-paced, high-impact, agility, minimal layers of management and “red tape,” swifter decision making [i.e. emphasis on progress and moving things forward], with the benefits of a larger company (stability afforded by having an approved product, partnerships in place with larger companies, they’re already publicly-traded, high quality health insurance, etc.)
- Stability & Growth: As compared to a typical biotech, our client has a strong multi-therapeutic pipeline (multiple phase III assets), has developed their own cutting-edge biologics platform, has an approved product, and is publicly traded. In other words, they are not a “one compound company”.
- Unique Culture: Work in a very collegial, fast-paced environment that allows for faster decision-making and creative approaches to getting things done with the ultimate goal in mind of helping patients.
- Financial Stability & Opportunity: Our client is very well-funded as compared to other peers. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity for a strong stock package so that you can financially be rewarded for the value you bring.
- Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Vice President will manage the global Biometrics department (Biostatistics, Clinical Data Management, and Statistical Programming) in order to support the planning, oversight and implementation of data collection, programming, and statistical analysis for clinical trials of multiple cell therapy products, spanning from the design and development of clinical trial documents and selection through the oversight of protocol implementation, data analysis and assembly of final study and BLA submission documents.
- This hands-on “player/coach” position will be counted on to provide significant input to the drug development strategy of the company’s diverse pipeline, particularly by enhancing the use of innovative /novel trial designs and endpoints.
- Establish a vision for the Biometrics department as this company transitions from a single approved product to multiple approved products globally in a multitude of indications.
- Responsibilities will include the planning and oversight of the budget, managing the current team and building it out further, identifying technology needs and other gaps, and developing systems that will support numerous anticipated US and global BLA filings.
- Interact with US and Global Health Authority personnel on statistical questions.
- Develop/optimize state-of-the-art “best practice” systems for data management and programming. This company prides itself on “owning” its own data and wants a leader that believes in the merits of such an approach.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCES / EDUCATION SOUGHT:
- PhD/ScD or MS in statistics/biostatistics (or highly related).
- Prior management experience of biostatisticians/programmers. Prior experience managing data management personnel is a plus, but not required.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Prior FDA interaction/negotiation and NDA/BLA filing experience (EMA, PMDA, and/or NMPA experience is a plus).
- The ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates teams to achieve results.
- A demonstrated track record of success in strategy development, project implementation/ execution, and management/leadership.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Confidentiality: All inquiries and communications with Cornerstone Search Group are treated as confidential information.
ABOUT Cornerstone Search Group: Recognized multiple times by Forbes as one of the Top Executive Search Firms in the USA, we are an industry-leading Pharma & Biotech Executive Search Firm with clients ranging from biotech startups all the way through to large branded & generic pharmas. We are particularly known for our long history of success in helping small, lesser-known US and Internationally-based companies compete for top talent at the Director, VP, and CxO (CEO, CMO, CSO, CCO] levels.
RECENT RETAINED SEARCH ASSIGNMENTS:
- CEO | specialty start-up
- CMO | late-stage public biotech
- CMO | mid-size pharma
- CSO | mid-size global biotech
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD generics
- SVP, Head of Global Medical Affairs | mid-size oncology company
- SVP, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs | late-stage Israeli biotech
- Group VP, Global Commercial Head | API Business Unit | Indian pharma
- VP, Head of Regulatory Affairs | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Regulatory Affairs | NYC commercial-stage biotech
- VP, Head of R&D Operations | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Health Economics & Outcomes Research | Top CNS specialty pharma
- VP, Head of Real-World Evidence | Top 5 pharma
- VP, Head of Heme/Onc Clinical Research | Public oncology biotech
- Executive Director, Head of Global Clinical Pharmacology | Public oncology biotech
- Executive Director, Head of US Drug Safety & PV | Chinese oncology biotech
- Medical Director, Clinical Development | Boston biotech
- Medical Director, Translational Medicine, Neuroscience | Top 5 Biotech
Keywords: biologics CAR-T CAR T CART gene therapy mAb bsAb I-O immuno-oncology immunooncology ultra rare disease orphan disease SVP Senior Vice President ED Executive Director SD Senior Director