Vice President/Global Head, Clinical Operations, report to CMO: Global Biotech with strong late-stage pipeline, NY/NJ metro area
Cornerstone Search Group is working exclusively with a Global Biotech with multiple assets in late stage development as they search for a VP/Global Head, Clinical Operations. This position would report directly to the CMO and have regular interaction across the senior-most leadership of the organization, including the CEO. Our client seeks a Clin Ops executive that can lead a group in a hands-on, strategic and forward-thinking manner. You will play a vital role during a critical time in the company’s development.
LOCATION: Our client is based in the NY/NJ metro area Pharma/Biotech market.
- Serve as the senior-most leader within the Clinical Operations department reporting to the Chief Medical Officer. Responsible for direct reports, cross-functional collaboration and overall strategic management for the entire clinical pipeline/portfolio. Serve as a crucial partner to the CMO in developing Clinical Operations and Development strategy across the organization.
- Collaborate and manage senior-level internal and external relationships with executive management, vendors, collaboration partners and clinical study personnel for clinical operations projects and department initiatives.
- Line management of clinical trial management staff, including responsibility for staff recruitment, development, coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Communicate and implement progress, risks, issues or changes that may impact quality, timelines and budgets.
- Provide strategic operational insight into feasibility, timeline and cost estimates during clinical program/study development.
- Assess and communicate operational trends and areas for improvement to Senior/Executive-level leadership.
- Take ownership of Clinical Operations activities related to quality, timelines and budgets and conduct of clinical research studies.
- Drive decision making and integration to all operational considerations for studies within a clinical program and ensure goals are attainable prior to implementation.
- Serve as the point of contact for clinical program and study level escalation.
- Plan, review and implement key metrics and KPIs across studies and within clinical programs to track study progress and address and/or escalate issues.
- Provide innovative and flexible operational solutions and options to the cross functional and development teams.
- Drive the strategy and oversight for vendor selection and management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- BA/BS required. Advanced scientific degree is a plus.
- 15+ years of Clinical Operations / Trial Management experience within the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry.
- Direct report/people management experience is required.
- A Clinical Operations mind-set that is based around strategic, forward-thinking principals as opposed to an outdated “check-the-box” mentality.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, creative, and scientific culture that requires a “can-do” attitude and a desire to figure out ways to get the job done right and in a timely fashion.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA