VP, Global Commercial Strategy - Early Pipeline Head | BOSTON | Top Rare Disease Commercial-Stage Biotech: RETAINED SEARCH
Summary: Cornerstone Search Group has been retained by a top commercial-stage (US and Global) Boston-area rare disease biotech for a newly-created Global Commercial Strategy leadership position with direct reports that will be in charge of the company's next new TA as well as their early-stage pipeline across all asset and platforms. This publicly traded firm has a robust pipeline of life-changing therapies (both early and late-stage across a range of rare disease indications) and a strong corporate and patient-centric culture. The company has the cash reserves and market cap to ensure their ability to fund their clin dev needs and to create JVs with / acquire other companies. To attract and retain experienced talent, they offer highly competitive compensation and benefit programs (including RSUs rather than risky stock options as well as progressive work-life balance policies), relocation, and sign-on bonuses to offset forfeited annual bonus and unvested stock.
Position/Title: Global Head, Commercial Strategy – TA and Early Pipeline Assets (the title awarded will be either VP or Executive Director depending upon experience)
Location: Boston Metro Area with work-at-home flexibility.
Relocation: Robust relocation assistance is available.
Remote Working: Our client will consider candidates who live outside the area who can work on-site 3 days a week.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION & COMPANY:
- Fully-Integrated Commercial Strategy Approach: This department takes the lead in aligning marketing and launch capabilities with Pricing, Market Access and New Product Planning, and partners with global region/country organizations and R&D to ensure that their innovative therapies deliver value for patients, healthcare providers, payers and policy makers.
- Stout Pipeline: Recognized as one of the most innovative biotechs. Has a robust pipeline of early- and late-stage life-changing therapeutic assets across a range of indications.
- Compensation: They are proud to offer one of the industry’s most competitive compensation and benefit packages to attract and retain experienced top talent. Includes fast-vesting RSUs (not stock options), progressive work-life balance policies, and sign-on bonuses to offset annual bonus and unvested stock forfeitures.
- Experienced, Personable, and Energetic Manager: The hiring manager has prior mid- and large-size pharma experience and enjoys working with a C-suite that is open to innovative ideas and empowering people to pursue them.
- Fully-Integrated Commercial Strategy Organization: One of the most exciting aspects of this role is that the Commercial Strategy team is fully integrated. This team aligns global marketing and launch capabilities with Pricing, Market Access and New Product Planning. You will partner with global markets and with R&D to ensure that your portfolio of innovative therapies will deliver value for all stakeholders: patients, healthcare providers, payers, and policymakers.
- "Best of Both Worlds”: Our client combines the attractive features of a fast-growing entrepreneurial Biotech (fast-paced, agility, empowering people to take chances and make an impact) with the stability and benefits of a larger company (approved products, deep late-stage pipeline, excellent compensation/benefits/relo/sign-on bonuses, etc.)
- You will serve as the Global Commercial Strategy leader for the company’s newest Therapeutic Area (this TA is in mid-stage development) as well as for the Early Stage pipeline of assets and platforms.
- One of the most exciting aspects of this role is that the Commercial Strategy team is fully integrated. This team aligns global marketing and launch capabilities with Pricing, Market Access and New Product Planning. You will partner with global markets and with R&D to ensure that your portfolio of innovative therapies will deliver value for all stakeholders: patients, healthcare providers, payers, and policymakers.
- As the ‘owner’ of the strategic component of the commercial organization, you and your team of direct reports will drive all commercial-level recommendations for your portfolio (a key new TA as well as the Early Stage assets and platforms) in partnership with R&D throughout the development and commercialization lifecycle of your products.
- You and your team will be accountable for positioning your portfolio for long-term success by setting a global strategy for each asset including ensuring the company scales appropriately over time to successfully execute the strategy.
- You and your team will coordinate all commercial pre-launch activities for your portfolio.
Skills, Experiences, and Motivations Sought:
- A demonstrated track record of success in pharma/biotech commercial strategy development and project implementation/execution, ideally with early pipeline assets, and ideally in the rare disease or specialty pharma space. The depth and quality of experience will determine title awarded (Executive Director or Vice President).
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas and communicate then in a simple and convincing fashion across Commercial, R&D, and to the C-Suite. Ability to influence at all levels by being authentic, credible, analytical, data-driven, well-prepared, and trustworthy.
- Have a can-do attitude and relishes driving change and driving projects.
- Has the intellectual curiosity and self-motivation to keep on top of the changes taking place globally in terms of reimbursement and healthcare policy.
- Desire to lead cross-functional and cross-continental efforts.
- Experience living or working outside the US is a plus.
- Can work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated success in hiring and mentoring top talent.
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Senior Partner
P: 973.656.0220 x 716
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Examples of Retained Search Assignments:
- CEO | specialty start-up
- US CEO | established European small pharma
- CMO | late-stage public biotech
- CMO | mid-size pharma
- CSO | mid-size global biotech
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD generics
- SVP, Head of Global Medical Affairs | mid-size oncology company
- SVP, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs | late-stage Israeli biotech
- Group VP, Global Commercial Head | API Business Unit | Indian pharma
- VP, Global Head of Biometrics | NYC commercial-stage biotech
- VP, Head of Regulatory Affairs | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Regulatory Affairs | NYC commercial-stage biotech
- VP, Head of R&D Operations | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Health Economics & Outcomes Research | Top CNS specialty pharma
- VP, Head of Real-World Evidence | Top 5 pharma
- VP, Head of Heme/Onc Clinical Research | Public oncology biotech
- Executive Director, Head of Global Clinical Pharmacology | Public oncology biotech
- Executive Director, Head of US Drug Safety & PV | Chinese oncology biotech
- Medical Director, Clinical Development | Boston biotech
- Medical Director, Translational Medicine, Neuroscience | Top 5 Biotech
Keywords: neurology endocrinology metabolic metabolism gene therapy cell therapy cellular therapy neuroscience orphan ultra-rare hematology SVP Vice President Vice-President ED Executive Director Marketing Market Access