VP, Clinical Operations | Lead Global Team | Clinical-Stage Biotech | NJ: RETAINED SEARCH
This is a new opportunity as the Head of Clinical Operations for a clinical-stage biotech company which is at an important inflection point in its growth/development. You will lead/oversee a global team of clinical operations personnel, and be responsible for CRO/vendor management, executive-level collaboration, short/long-term strategy, and helping the company advance its clinical assets toward commercialization. Leveraged by its own unique proprietary technology, this company has the potential to impact in various therapy areas. Our client offers the “best of both worlds,” i.e. working for a financially stable company with a lot of upside that is aiming to build a true biotech culture that fosters a collegial hands-on environment and where decisions are made quickly.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Key Leadership Role: Utilize your hands-on leadership experience and people/team management skills in leading and mentoring a team of clinical operations professionals.
- Great Time to Join: Now is a great time to join this company, where you will be an integral part of impacting the success and maturity of the organization.
- High Visibility: You will work directly with Executive Management members and have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the direction of the company from day one.
- High Level Strategy & Hands-on Leadership: Oversee early-late stage clinical assets, lead new indications as they start up, and impact long-term deliverables in building pipeline strategy.
- Excellent Hiring Manager: The CMO is personable and dynamic, and has a strong track record of success in both big pharma and small biotech.
The VP of Clinical Operations has overall responsibility for the management of all aspects within the Clinical Operations department to include operational oversight and strategy across the company’s clinical development programs.
- As the Head of Clinical Operations, overall responsibility/leadership of internal clinical operations staff, as well as management and performance of CROs/vendors.
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance in the planning, execution, and reporting in all operational aspects of the clinical trials.
- Lead budget, resource and timeline management across Clinical Operations department.
- Perform gap analysis and develop processes and procedures for clinical trial conduct.
- Drive innovation into the Clinical Operations function and advance the company’s systems and processes.
- Effectively lead the management of CROs/external vendors through both hands-on oversight as well as through delegating tasks internally.
- Provide critical operational input into study protocol design, oversee maintenance of trial documentation and master file, data validation and completion guidelines.
- Overall responsibility/oversight for implementing and executing operational input into clinical development plans.
- Implement and incorporate performance metrics into development planning to ensure optimal operational strategies.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences or related field. An advanced degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant and progressive clinical operations experience gained working in the industry for a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology company or CRO.
- A successful track record of hiring/building, developing, mentoring and leading a clinical operations team, as well as having led strategic initiatives.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and hands-on environment.
Brian Skurka | Partner
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 973-656-0220 x738
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP, LLC – Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Recently Completed Retained Searches by Cornerstone:
- Chief Medical Officer | Clinical-stage cell therapy biotech | NYC
- Chief Scientific Officer | Mid-size global biotech | NJ
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD Generics start-up
- VP, Oncology Drug Development | Early/later-stage oncology biotech | NJ/NYC
- VP, Clinical Operations | Clinical-stage biotech | Philadelphia
- VP, Clinical Operations | Oncology startup biotech | NJ
- VP, Clinical Operations | Cell Therapy biotech | Boston/Cambridge
- ED, Clinical R&D, Oncology | Early-stage I-O biotech | Boston/Cambridge
- Head of Human Resources | Clinical-stage biotech | Philadelphia
- Head of Talent Acquisition| Mid-size rare disease biotech
- Senior Director (Head), Global Clinical Operations | Cell/Gene Therapy Biotech | NYC
- Sr. Medical Director, Clinical Development Oncology | NYC/NJ area
- Director (Head), Talent Management | Mid-size biotech | NY/NJ area