VP and Global Head of Alliance Management & BD: Unique Growing Biotech, Flexible Location: RETAINED SEARCH
SUMMARY: Our client is a growing Biotech Company with a unique perspective and approach to developing cutting-edge technology. In this newly created opportunity, the Vice President, Alliance Management & Business Development will work hand-in-hand with the Chief Executive Officer in developing new partnerships with the ultimate goal in mind to move programs through development as swiftly and effectively as possible. Our client is looking for someone that thrives in a smaller company environment – someone that has strong emotional intelligence and executive presence that also likes to get their hands dirty and just get things done. They further believe that this type of candidate would be trusted to have a great deal of autonomy, to include the possibility to work from home.
POSITION: Vice President, Alliance Management & Business Development
LOCATION: New York/Northern New Jersey
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION AND COMPANY:
- Flexible Location: While our client would prefer someone located in the NYC/NJ area, they are very open to considering candidates that would need to work remotely/hybrid, but have the flexibility to be in NYC/NJ when needed (post-covid).
- Visibility: A challenging, highly-visible role where you will work alongside of C-level Executives. You will work very closely with the CEO who is hands-on and highly respected within Industry.
- Innovative/Unique Company: Work for a unique biotechnology company which is focusing on innovative/ground-breaking therapies that can offer a global impact. They are focused on developing therapies to help under-served patients.
- Unique Culture: Work in a very collegial, fast-paced environment that allows for faster decision-making and creative approaches to getting things done. Their people are truly inspiring and work in Biotech for all the right reasons.
- In a nutshell, this highly strategic and multifaceted role will define and develop frameworks to assess potential opportunities, build strategies and execute plans to advance high-value partnerships and collaborations with partners to optimize assets/programs and commercialization potential.
- Collaborate with Executive Leadership and Program Teams to refine and update business development goals and strategy.
- Understand business needs and gaps to define strategies to develop partnerships to address those areas.
- Work with other senior leaders to identify new and potential partners to deliver end-to end vision from discovery to access and commercialization.
- Develop, lead, and implement a strategic framework for assessing potential partnership opportunities and their value.
- Coordinate due diligence assessments across functional teams.
- Analyze industry dynamics, evaluate new opportunities and technologies, and assess the competitive landscape to assess potential partnerships to support key initiatives.
- Develop targeted material for potential partnership presentations including relevant tailored material to emphasize the synergies with the partner’s portfolios and programs.
- Provide guidance to the legal team to enable drafting of term sheets and contracts that align with the defined partnership strategy and mission.
- Negotiate favorable commercial licenses and royalty terms.
- Build off a foundation with existing clients to achieve deeper partner engagements, working with senior leadership to strategically advance alliances and creatively structure future deals.
- Identify key risks and mitigation strategies, and monitor partnership progress and success through the development of metrics and engagement processes.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure organizational understanding of partnership objectives and obligations, as well as put in place processes to ensure these obligations are met.
- 10+ years of Business Development/Alliance Management experience in Pharma/Biotech.
- Bachelors degree is required. An advanced scientific degree is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Pharma/Biotech development and commercialization within antibodies and/or vaccines is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated high degree of leadership skills that allow the individual to build relationships, communicate, and influence all levels of the organization and make positive change.
- Expertise in creating, driving, and executing solutions by defining all elements from strategy to implementation.
- Excellent strategic business/industry awareness and a thorough understanding of trends and impact on the business; ability to translate emerging industry trends relevant to the organization.
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted/shared with us as confidential information. Any information provided/shared with us will not be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
PO Box 5657 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA