SVP/VP, Clinical R&D (MD, PhD or PharmD): Very stable, growing Biopharma – Central NJ: RETAINED SEARCH
SUMMARY: Cornerstone has been retained by a very stable and growing Biopharma that is continuing to expand their Clinical Research & Development team. They are looking to hire a Senior Vice President/VP of Clinical Research & Development that will report to an excellent Chief Scientific Officer that’s been with the company for close to a decade. You will have complete ownership of Clinical Development Programs (Phase I-IV) to include managing several senior level leaders. Our client offers a “best of both worlds” working environment. They operate in a nimble and creative work environment with an exceptional culture which is exemplified by the incredible tenure of their employees. While operating like a smaller company without the typical larger company obstacles, they are also extremely stable to include a marketed product (cardiovascular/metabolic focus) and a strong appetite for further growth.
POSITION: Senior Vice President or Vice President, Clinical Research & Development
LOCATION: Our client is located in an ideal part of Central NJ that allows for candidates to commute from Northern, Southern and Central NJ as well as Eastern PA.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION AND COMPANY:
- Company Culture/Environment: People genuinely like to work here, and they stay. The tenure of their employees is well above industry average. They offer a culture and environment that is highly collaborative, trusting and forward-thinking.
- Visibility: A challenging, highly-visible role where you will work alongside of C-level Executives. You will work very closely with and report directly to the CSO who is hands-on and highly respected within Industry.
- Marketed Product: Our client already has a marketed product with an appetite for further growth and development. This is not a typical high-risk Biotech focused solely in Clinical Development without revenue coming in.
- Growth Potential: This company is looking to continue to grow both as a whole and within the Clinical Development.
- Serve as the primary leader across all clinical studies and development programs.
- Manage internal and external Clinical, Biostatistics and Data Management teams.
- Manage and negotiate large complex budgets and proactively identify risks to timelines and budgets and develop contingency plans.
- Support publications and other scientific communications through data analysis/interpretation, editing, and writing.
- Assess clinical and scientific components of Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs and Business Development communicating scientific/clinical information to various audiences as needed.
- Lead internal and/or external cross-functional teams across clinical development initiatives (design, planning, conduct, analysis and results).
- Develop and implement strategies ensuring clinical trial objectives are met.
- Plan and implement responses to external inquiries (e.g., regulatory authorities, IRB’s, etc.).
- Support regulatory submissions, including directing preparation of clinical components for submissions.
- Wok alongside other Executive management providing research/input on clinical development and data issues associated with potential partnerships, acquisitions and/or competitors.
- Collaborate with Executive management across R&D and Corporate strategic planning.
- 10+ years of Clinical Development/Research experience to include extensive pharmaceutical experience with demonstrated/increasing responsibilities.
- Management of regional/global programs across therapeutic areas with a strong preference for cardiovascular/metabolic experience.
- Trial design, initiation, maintenance, close-out, analyses, and final reporting of successful preclinical and clinical (Phase I-IV) development programs.
- Communication of scientific information, including oral and written forums.
- Demonstrated experience supporting critical Regulatory efforts.
- Experience leading complex teams and managing large budgets.
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted/shared with us as confidential information. Any information provided/shared with us will not be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
PO Box 5657 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA