Sr. Scientist, Analytical Development | Unique & Fast Growing Biopharma/Vaccines | Top Compensation: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone has been Retained by a unique, well-funded and rapidly growing Biopharma focused within Vaccine Development as they are going through expansive growth. This is a newly-created position where you will play a key/visible role in the company’s growth and success. Our client is an industry leader in their field of expertise and is part of a larger established company, ultimately allowing for a best of both world’s environment to include a smaller, nimble and family-friendly culture while offering a top-notch compensation and benefits package that is usually offered only at larger companies.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES OF THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Perfect time to join this company – You would be joining at a great time, as the company is going through its first major expansion/growth phase, which lends itself to more visibility and internal career growth advancement opportunity.
- Exciting new position – This is a newly-created position where you will get to leverage your analytical science R&D experience and have the chance to truly have an impact on the continued success of the company.
- Unique difference-making technology – Our client has a platform that can develop vaccines and other pharmaceuticals more efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner, which is obviously incredibly practical in today’s time.
- Smaller, creative, family-friendly environment – Our client offers an exceptional working environment. Their culture emphasizes creativity, passion and teamwork, which is led by their CEO and COO – both who have been with the organization since its inception (15+ years).
- Great location/place to live – Our client’s location offers an affordable, safe, central Kentucky location allowing easy access to several larger cities, while also offering a perfect place to raise a family. It is a tight-knit community offering a growing downtown with many different cultural options.
- Excellent Compensation & Benefits – Since our client is a subsidiary of a very large company, they can offer exceptional benefits (health, financial, wellness, etc.). Furthermore, their relocation package is top-notch, taking all the guess-work and cost out of your decision-making process.
- Project leader of assay development; inspects products to verify that quality standards are met.
- Optimize existing or develop new QC assay protocols across raw materials, in-process products, and final products.
- Oversees, implements, and revises analytical instruments and review data, screens and identifies emerging technologies to apply for improving existing QC assays.
- Develops and implements new/improved standards, methods, and procedures (e.g., assays) for inspecting, testing, and evaluating precision, accuracy, efficiency, and reliability / stability of products.
- Generates and compiles data and documents results of testing procedures, provides evidence-driven recommendations on how to improve existing processes to program leader.
- Helps revise SOPs and update inspection procedures and checklists.
- Develop tactical plans to execute projects, calculate risks, communicate potential roadblocks with program leader to define next steps.
LOCATION: This position will be based at the company’s HQ in Kentucky. They will provide a top-notch relocation package.
EDUCATION & DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- An advanced degree in a scientific discipline with chemistry or biochemistry laboratory skills.
- Must be experienced in protein characterization, including LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, HPLC, FPLC, immunoaffinity, SDS-PAGE, WB, as well as biophysical characterizations (CD, ANSm FT-IR, SPR, SEC-MALLS).
- Large molecule experience is required.
- Experience in assay development and novel analytical methods/ testing development, as well as in quality control systems and protocol optimization in pharma/biotech environment with knowledge of CGMP.
Brian Skurka | Partner
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 973-656-0220 x738
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP, LLC – Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA