Sr. Medical Director (TA Lead), Translational Med & Early Clin Dev : Top Boston Biotech: RETAINED SEARCH
Summary: A highly-successful, highly-scientific Boston biotech, consistently named on “Top Places to Work” lists, has retained Cornerstone Search Group’s Physician recruitment practice for a high-profile Therapeutic Area Lead position in their Translational Medicine / Early Clinical Development department. This position reports to the highly-respected Global Head of Translational Medicine, whom we’ve enjoyed working with before. Our client is lauded for the quality of its people, its proven R&D capabilities, and for very competitive compensation. They are seeking a strategically-minded, collaborative, creative, hands-on MD or MD/PhD with industry translational medicine and early clinical development experience to be responsible for a high-profile therapeutic area and is comfortable having direct communication with the highly-accomplished C-suite. Our client is open as to therapeutic area of experience.
Position Summary: Oversee the transition of projects in your TA from Discovery Research into Clinical Development, including both strategic direction and tactical implementation. As Chair of the cross-functional Early Clinical Development Project Team for each asset in your TA, you will provide clinical and translational leadership to drive the design and interpretation of Phase 1 through Proof-of-Concepts studies. These project teams consist of experts in Clinical Biomarkers, Clinical Pharmacology, Modeling & Simulation, RWE, Clinical Operations, etc. along with representatives from Discovery Research, Late Stage Clinical Development, and Commercial.
- Work with Clin Ops, Clin Supply, Project Management, Stats, etc., to ensure the effective execution of Phase 1-2a studies within your therapeutic portfolio.
- Responsible, in collaboration with Drug Safety, for safety evaluation in your early development programs.
- Collaborate with Clinical Biomarkers and Research groups on exploratory biomarker efforts to aid in clinical and project decision making.
- Communicate your interpretation of study results to department and organizational governance, functional area experts, development review committees, and C-suite.
- Engage with external scientific and medical experts to bring insight to development programs. Engage with external academic and industry partners in planning and executing strategy and clinical studies.
Location: This company is conveniently located for residents of Massachusetts and Rhode Island, and is accessible by both car and mass transit (train and subway). The company offers travel subsidies. The Boston Metro Area is very attractive due to the wealth of established pharmas and start-up biotechs, its diverse international culture, its breadth of other industries (finance, hospitals, academia, tech, etc.), its great public schools, and it also has the highest percentage of residents with graduate degrees in the country.
Relocation: Our client has a very attractive relocation program.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MD, MD/PhD, or MD/MS
- Our client is open to any therapeutic area of experience. Medical training in CNS (e.g. neurology, psychiatry, pain, anesthesiology) would be a plus.
- Early clinical development experience (Phase 1 - 2a) in pharma/biotech is required.
- An academic or industry background in basic and/or translational science is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to drive collaborations across functions to facilitate end-to-end drug development.
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Senior Partner
email@example.com | http://www.linkedin.com/in/coreyackerman
973.656.0220 x 716
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
6 Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
About Corey: Corey Ackerman is a Labor Law attorney with BA degrees in both Economics and International Relations. He joined Cornerstone in 2001 and is now a Senior Partner with the firm. Corey’s clients include small and large pharmaceutical, biotech, and generic pharma companies based around the world, and he plays a key role in our Physician recruitment and our Market Access / HEOR / RWE recruitment practice areas.