Sr. Medical Director (Global Lead) w/ direct reports | 1st-in-Class Pain Drug | Top Boston Biotech : RETAINED SEARCH
A highly successful Boston biotech has retained Cornerstone Search Group’s Medical Director practice to identify an industry-experienced MD for a senior leadership role in their multi-asset Pain Franchise to lead a team of direct reports on the clinical development of a high-profile, first-in-class, non-opioid pain drug with blockbuster potential that targets both acute and chronic pain indications. This senior position will also be the designated successor to the TA Head for Pain.
Attractive Features of this Company:
- it has multiple approved transformative therapies that are experiencing rapid sales growth, leading to very strong financial fundamentals (i.e. stock price and market cap growth) that support a very rich spend on R&D as well external JVs and acquisitions
- it has a very strong, multi-therapeutic pipeline
- it has a highly productive and well-funded Discovery Research organization led by a world-renowned scientist and which has discovered multiple approved drugs as well as their pipeline of Pain assets
- it has a highly scientific, innovative, and fast-moving culture with one of the industry’s most impressive rosters of talent and a lean structure that fosters interaction with, and influence of, C-level management. At this company, thinking “outside-the-box” is not just welcomed, it’s expected
- very attractive compensation including sign-on bonuses to address forfeitures of an annual bonus and unvested stock, as well as one of the industry’s most attractive stock incentive programs
The Senior Medical Director will serve as the Global Lead for clinical trials in this company’s Pain Franchise, will have direct reports, will be the designated successor to the Pain Franchise Head, and will lead cross-functional study teams on clinical trial strategy, design and execution.
- Play a key leadership role in developing the strategic plan for this exciting lead asset, which has multiple indication possibilities in acute and chronic pain.
- Manage and develop direct reports.
- Develop Study Protocols, IBs, CDPs, and other key study documents in conjunction with other line functions
- Participate in the preparation of regulatory documents in support of regulatory submissions, including clinical sections of INDs and CTAs, IND safety reports and annual reports for assigned trials, responses to regulatory authorities and Ethics Committees/IRBs, etc.
- Provide scientific and clinical input to study-related documents and analysis plans, including ICFs, SAPs, CPAPs, CSRs, etc.
- Serve on cross-functional product teams (leading some teams and participating on others), acting is a liaison between Clinical Development and other internal groups (e.g., Reg Affairs, Clin Development, etc.)
- Help with activities to expand the Pain Franchise.
LOCATION: Our client is conveniently located for people who live in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island, and it’s accessible by both car and mass transit (via the train and subway “the T”). The company offers travel subsidies as well. For those outside the area, our client can provide a relocation package. The Boston Metro area is very attractive due to the wealth of established pharmas and start-up biotechs, its diversity of industries (finance, hospitals, academia, tech, etc.), top-ranked public schools, it’s cultural attractions, and a worldly population that is the most highly-educated metro area in the country.
RELOCATION: Our client can offer an attractive relocation package.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- MD or equivalent (DO, MBBS, etc.). A PhD is a plus.
- Clinical development experience in industry is required. Global experience is a plus, but not required.
- Academic training and/or clinical development experience in pain, anesthesia, or other relevant areas.
- Experience interacting with regulatory authorities.
- Direct report experience is a plus, but not required.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment where thinking “outside-the-box” (i.e. creating novel and creative clinical development plans, regulatory strategies, etc.) is expected rather than condoned.
- Strong intellectual curiosity.
- Desire to help continuing to build and shape the Pain Franchise.
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Senior Partner
email@example.com | http://www.linkedin.com/in/coreyackerman
973.656.0220 x 716
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
About Cornerstone Search Group: Recognized by Forbes in both 2017 and 2018 as one of the Top Executive Search Firms in the USA, Cornerstone is a dedicated Life Sciences Executive Search Firm that helps companies based all around the world, ranging from start-up biotechs to large pharmas (innovative and generic), to find, attract and hire talent for their US and Globally-based leadership positions (CxO and VP-levels) as well as for their critical strategy, execution, and operational-level roles at the Director-levels.
About Corey Ackerman: Corey is a Labor Law attorney who holds undergraduate degrees in both Economics and International Relations. He joined Cornerstone in 2001 and is now a Senior Partner with the firm. Corey’s clients include small and large biotech and pharmaceutical companies (innovative and generic) based around the world, and he plays a key leadership role in Cornerstone’s Medical Director and Market Access / HEOR / RWE recruitment practice areas.