Sr. Medical Director, Drug Safety (MD/Physician) | Rare Diseases | South San Francisco: RETAINED SEARCH
Very attractive Sr. Director level Drug Safety M.D. position that offers the “best of both worlds” where you will be a key member of the Safety, Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management Team working with important novel rare disease drugs/treatments in a smaller/entrepreneurial environment while at the same time you will be part of a one the largest and most respected global pharma/biotech companies in the world. So, you get all the attractive benefits of being with a smaller and more nimble company while also having the financial security and benefits of being with a larger pharma company too.
This will be a highly challenging role where you will work with new innovative and complex drugs to treat major rare diseases. And, this will also be a very rewarding position too because you will be part of a company that is developing and bringing important medicines to patients with no or very few available treatments to treat their rare diseases.
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available
Attractive Features Include:
- Director level position that offers high visibility to Executive Management, challenging drug safety research and analysis responsibilities, and a professionally and personally rewarding opportunity to work with important novel rare disease treatments that will help patients with few or no available treatments
- ”Best of both worlds:” be part of a smaller/nimble biotech with the security & benefits of large pharma
- Work with important and novel innovative drugs to treat rare diseases
- Focus on performing analytical PVG, signal detection, aggregated data analysis, REMS, RMPs, etc.
- Receive a very extensive benefits package
- Join a company that has one of the most extensive R&D pipelines across multiple Therapeutic Areas
- M.D. degree is required
- Several years of progressive Drug Safety & PVG experience gained working in industry
- Proven track record performing analytical drug safety activities, i.e. reviewing aggregated drug safety data, performing signal detection review and analysis, etc.
- Pluses include any epidemiology training and experience, experience working with drugs to treat rare diseases, working with any drugs accompanied by a REMS program
- Must have very good communication and presentation skills
Cliff Miras | Managing Partner
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC | Life Sciences Executive Search Specialists
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054
Keywords: senior director, sr. director, drug safety, pharmacovigilance, PVG, aggregate reports, signal detection, REMS, RMP, risk management, epidemiology, psur, FDA, monitor, San Francisco, oracle, argus