Sr. Medical Director, Clinical R&D | Cutting-Edge I-O Cell Therapies | Exciting High-Growth Biopharma | Boston
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly-growing global biopharma company that is building up an extremely impressive and diverse early and later-stage oncology/I-O development pipeline (15+ assets which includes multiple innovative NMEs and first/best-in-class I-O Cell Therapies). As the Clinical Lead for the a few of the company’s high-profile cell therapy programs, you will play a key role in leading/driving the early clinical development and asset strategy, as well as collaborating in key discussions that will influence the strategic scientific and medical decisions that will impact the successful development of these exciting programs.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS COMPANY & OPPORTUNITY:
- Influence Direction of Innovative Cell Therapy Programs: An opportunity to influence the major strategic medical and scientific decisions that will directly impact the successful clinical development of exciting next-generation oncology cell therapy programs.
- Perfect Time to Join: Get in on the ground floor of this Cell Therapy pipeline the company is building, which is already extremely robust (multiple cell therapy platforms including CAR-T,
- CAR NK-cell, bispecific mAbs) with so much more to come and well-positioned to be an industry leader in this area.
- Enjoy the Best of Both Worlds: Enjoy the fast pace and swift decision making of a biotech culture, while also getting the resources and financial strength of a company that has very strong revenues, profits, cash and market cap that invests heavily in its annual R&D.
- Top-Notch Collaborations & Partnerships: Join an oncology company with a track record of establishing multiple collaborations with top oncology academic research centers as well as a number of recent strategic partnerships with other Cell Therapy biotech companies and world-class collaborators.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL:
- Leads and drives strategy for the overall global clinical development taking into consideration the medical, scientific, regulatory and commercial issues for cell therapy pipeline compounds.
- Responsibility for development decisions assessing and integrating the input from various disciplines to create, maintain, and execute a global clinical development plan.
- Interacts with and influences Oncology Therapeutic Area Unit and R&D senior leadership decision-making for the projects by setting strategic direction.
- Provides continual critical evaluation of the Asset Strategy to maintain a state-of-the-art development plan that is competitive and consistent with the latest regulatory requirements, proactive identification of challenges, and development of contingency plans.
- Leads the generation of the Clinical Development Plan and clinical protocols.
- Monitoring and interpreting data from ongoing internal and external studies, assessing the medical and scientific implications, and making recommendations that impact regional and global development such as “go/no go” decisions or modification of development plans or study designs.
- Drives clinical science activities relating to the preparation / approval of synopses, protocols and the conduct of clinical studies.
- Presents study conclusions to Management and determine how individual study results impact the overall compound strategy.
- Interprets data from an overall scientific standpoint as well as within the context of the medical significance to individual patients.
- Directs activities involved in interactions with regulatory authorities / agencies and clinical development activities undertaken to establish and maintain strong relationships with KOLs.
REQUIREMENTS & DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- MD degree is required. Additional specialized oncology/hematology training is preferred.
- Several years of progressive and relevant clinical research and/or clinical development experience within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Experience leading oncology/hematology clinical development programs/assets.
- Cell Therapy experience is a big plus.
Brian Skurka | Partner
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 973-656-0220 x738
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP, LLC
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Recently Completed Retained Searches by Cornerstone Search Group
- CEO | US Country Head, Specialty Pharma
- CEO | Start-up sterile injectable pharma
- CMO | NYC biotech, Cellular Therapy
- CMO | Reports to CEO | Leads 100+ | Early/later-stage Biotech | Boston area
- CSO | Reports to President | Leads 850+ | Hem/Onc/IO TAs | EU based
- SVP, Global Medical Affairs, Oncology | Reports to President | Leads 50+ | NYC area
- SVP, Translational Medicine & Early Development, Oncology | Boston Biotech
- VP, Oncology Drug Development | Reports to CMO | Leads 20+ | Early/later-stage Biotech | Boston
- VP & Head of Research & Development, Oncology | Reports to CMO | Early-stage Biotech | NYC
- VP, US Medical Affairs, Oncology | Reports to Head of GMA, Oncology | Leads 45+ team | NYC area
- VP, Head of Real-World Evidence | Top 5 Pharma
- VP, Head of Clinical Operations
- ED, Early Development, IO | Reports to Head, IO Early R&D | Top 10 Onc/IO Co | Philadelphia area
- ED, Clinical R&D, Onc | Reports to Head. Clinical R&D Onc | Preclinical Onc/IO Biotech | NYC area
- ED, Head of Program Management | Boston Biotech
- SD, Clinical Research, Oncology | Boston Area Biopharma Oncology Leader
- SD, Clinical Development, Immuno-Oncology | Cambridge Area Global Oncology Leader
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted to us as confidential information. This information will not be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
Keywords: Program, Asset, Oncology, Hematology, Immuno-Oncology, IO, Cancer, Cell Therapy, Cell Therapies, Tumor, Project, IND, NDA, Protocol, Clinical Development Plan, CDP, Clinical Study Report, CSR, Filing, Submission, Regulatory, Clinical Research, Clinical Development, Global, Clinical Science, PhD, Ph.D., Doctorate, Safety, Label, Team, R&D, Research, Scientific, Medical, CAR T, infectious disease, immunology