Sr. Manager, Analytical Development | Lead/Manage Team (direct reports) | Fast Growing Biopharma/Vaccines | Retained Search
Cornerstone has been Retained by a unique, well-funded and rapidly growing Biopharma focused within Vaccine Development as they are going through expansive growth. Our client is a leader in their field of expertise and is part of a larger established company, ultimately allowing for a best of both world’s environment to include a smaller, nimble and family-friendly culture while offering world-class compensation packages, benefits and a top-notch relocation package that is usually offered only at larger companies.
This Sr. Manager will play a critical role in our client’s growth. They are seeking an experienced QC/analytical R&D professional who can serve in both a hands-on and leadership capacity managing your own team of direct reports (multiple scientists).
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES OF THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Smaller, creative, family-friendly environment – Our client offers an exceptional working environment. Their culture emphasizes creativity, passion and teamwork, which is led by their CEO and COO – both who have been with the organization since its inception (15+ years).
- Amazing Science & Difference-making technology – Our client has a platform that can develop vaccines and other pharmaceuticals more efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner, which is obviously incredibly practical in today’s era.
- Hands-on Leadership Role – This opportunity will give you the ability to both lead and develop people, while also still staying actively involved in the day-to-day hands-on operations.
- Great location/place to live – Our client’s location offers an affordable, safe, central Kentucky location allowing easy access to several larger cities, while also offering a perfect place to raise a family. It is a tight-knit community offering a growing downtown with many different cultural options.
- World-class benefits and relocation assistance – Since our client is a subsidiary of a very large company, they can offer exceptional benefits (health, financial, wellness, etc.). Furthermore, their relocation package is top-notch, taking all the guess-work and cost out of your decision-making process.
- Serves as program leader of assay design; inspects products to verify that quality standards are met.
- Develops and implements new/improved standards, methods, and procedures (e.g., assays) for inspecting, testing, and evaluating precision, accuracy, efficiency, and reliability / stability of products.
- Manage a team of analytical R&D/QC scientists.
- Oversees, implements, and revises analytical instruments and review data, screens and identifies emerging technologies to apply for improving existing QC assays.
- Supervises project leaders to ensure execution and delivery of all developments, provides a guidance on next steps.
- Works cross-functionally to ensure that quality standard of product is maintained and makes recommendations for improvements.
EDUCATION & DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in engineering, chemistry, or related life sciences field
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of CGMP and 4+ years of experience in implementing & improving quality control systems in pharma or biotech.
- Experienced in novel analytical methods / testing development.
- Must be well experienced in protein/peptide characterization, including LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, HPLC, FPLC, immunoaffinity, SDS-PAGE, WB, as well as biophysical characterizations (CD, ANSm FT-IR, SPR, SEC-MALLS.
Brian Skurka | Partner
E: email@example.com | P: 973-656-0220 x738
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP, LLC – Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA