Sr. Director, Sales: Stable, growing Generic/Specialty Pharma | Flexible/Remote Location: RETAINED SEARCH
SUMMARY: Cornerstone has been retained by a very stable and growing Generic/Specialty Pharma that is looking to hire a Sr. Director of Sales to work alongside the Head of Sales. They operate in a nimble and creative work environment with an exceptional culture which is exemplified by the tenure of their employees (hiring manager has been with the company 10+ years). While operating like a smaller company without the typical larger company obstacles, they are also extremely stable with a strong appetite for further growth. Our client’s work-life balance philosophy is built on trust and hard-work. The hiring manager/Head of Sales is excellent. They expect a hands-on, hard-worker and with that also allow an incredible amount of flexibility to do your job on your schedule.
POSITION: Sr. Director, Sales
LOCATION: Flexible location with the ability to travel as needed.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION AND COMPANY:
- Company Culture/Environment: Led by the hiring manager, the culture and environment offer an excellent opportunity for a hard-working individual to create a flexible work-life balance built around your own schedule.
- Visibility: A challenging, highly-visible role where you will work alongside of Executives. You will work very closely with and report directly to the Head of Sales who is hands-on and highly respected within Industry.
- Growth Potential: Our client is stable and expanding their product offerings beyond typical generics. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage your retail experience into specialty/branded pharma.
- Manage several of the big four relationships they have. This will include relationship management, strategy, contracts, systems, etc.
- Manage contract activity including strategic analysis, negotiating, and coordination of contract documents. Ensure accurate and timely dissemination of contract-related information to all interested parties.
- Coordinate efforts with Legal, Finance, Sales, and others in drafting agreements and amendments.
- Manage and co-lead monthly portfolio review meetings to identify opportunities (classes of trade where products are underrepresented) to grow the base business.
- Generate a go-to-market strategy for new launches inclusive of customer segmentation and target pricing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all company departments.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current product portfolio and R&D pipeline.
- Conduct in-person or virtual business reviews with assigned accounts on a quarterly basis.
- Attend industry events as required.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical generic and brand products.
- Related industry pricing experience with a large customer base and diverse product portfolio.
- Pricing, financial and analytical skills in Health Care Life Sciences.
- Ability to create strategies and detailed financial analyses on customer segment, therapeutics categories, etc.
- Customer experience and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution capabilities, strong program management capabilities, and business case analysis skills are also required.
- The ability to influence others and create alignment in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Self-starter and strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to implement strategies based on competitive dynamics, economic goals, and customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted/shared with us as confidential information. Any information provided/shared with us will not be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
Thomas J. Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
PO Box 5657 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA