Sr / Director (MD or PhD), Clinical Development: First-In-Class Pain Drug : Top Boston Biotech: RETAINED SEARCH
A highly successful and uniquely attractive Boston biotech has retained Cornerstone Search Group’s Medical Director practice to help them identify an industry-experienced MD or PhD to join their Pain Franchise with an initial responsibility to lead the mid- and late-stage clinical development of an exciting, first-in-class MoA (non-opioid) candidate that has successfully completed PoC and is targeted at both acute and chronic pain indications that have blockbuster potential, multiple indication potential, and would be a major benefit to society.
Attractive Features of this Company:
- multiple approved transformative therapies that are experiencing rapid sales growth, leading to very strong financial fundamentals (i.e. stock price and market cap growth) that support a very rich spend on R&D as well external JVs and acquisitions
- a very strong pipeline focused on transformative/curative therapies
- a highly productive and well-funded Discovery Research organization led by a world-renowned scientist and which has discovered multiple approved drugs as well as their clinical-stage Pain assets
- a highly scientific, innovative, and fast-moving culture with one of the industry’s most impressive rosters of talent and a lean structure that fosters interaction with, and influence of, C-level management. At this company, thinking “outside-the-box” is encouraged and expected
- very attractive compensation including sign-on bonuses to address forfeitures of an annual bonus and unvested stock, as well as one of the industry’s most attractive stock incentive programs
The Senior Medical Director / Medical Director will serve as the Medical Lead for clinical trials in this company’s Pain Franchise, working with cross-functional multidisciplinary study teams on clinical trial strategy, design and execution.
- Develop Study Protocols, IBs, CDPs, and other key study documents in conjunction with other line functions
- Participate in the preparation of regulatory documents in support of regulatory submissions, including clinical sections of INDs and CTAs, IND safety reports and annual reports for assigned trials, responses to regulatory authorities and Ethics Committees/IRBs, etc.
- Provide scientific and clinical input to study-related documents and analysis plans, including ICFs, SAPs, CPAPs, CSRs, etc.
- Serve on cross-functional product teams (leading some and participating on others), acting is a liaison between Clinical Development and other internal groups (e.g., Reg Affairs, Clin Development, etc.)
- Help with activities to expand the Pain Franchise.
Location: Our client is conveniently located for people who live in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island, and it’s accessible by both car and mass transit (train and subway “the T”). The company offers travel subsidies as well. For those outside the area, our client can provide a relocation package. The Boston Metro area is very attractive due to the wealth of established pharmas and start-up biotechs, its diversity of industries (finance, hospitals, academia, tech, etc.), top-ranked public schools, it’s cultural attractions, and a worldly population that is the most highly-educated metro area in the country.
Relocation: Our client can offer an attractive relocation package.
Desired Skills And Experiences:
- MD or equivalent (DO, MBBS, etc.) preferred. PhD with strong on-point experience will also be considered.
- Clinical development experience in industry is required.
- Academic training and/or clinical development experience in pain, other acute conditions (e.g. anti-infectives, heart failure), neurology, or other relevant areas is desired.
- Global clinical research experience is a plus, but not required.
- Experience interacting with regulatory authorities is a plus.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment where thinking “outside-the-box” (i.e. creating novel and creative clinical development plans, regulatory strategies, etc.) is expected rather than condoned.
- Strong intellectual curiosity.
- Desire to help continuing to build and shape the Pain Franchise.
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Senior Partner
firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.linkedin.com/in/coreyackerman
973.656.0220 x 716
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
About Corey Ackerman: Corey is a Labor Law attorney who holds undergraduate degrees in both Economics and International Relations. He joined Cornerstone in 2001 and is now a Senior Partner with the firm. Corey’s clients include small and large pharmaceutical and biotech companies based around the world, and he plays a key leadership role in Cornerstone’s Medical Director and Market Access / HEOR / RWE recruitment practice areas.