Sr. Director, Clinical Research Scientist: Oncology Hematology-focused Stable Pharma, Top Tier Comp & Stock: RETAINED SEARCH
SUMMARY: An attractive and stable NJ-based Pharmaceutical company that is focused within Oncology and Hematology has retained Cornerstone Search Group to assist them in growing their Clinical Research Scientist team. Given the large number of Oncology and Hematology assets that are in all phases of development, including multiple registrational trials/global regulatory filings in the near future, our client has two newly created openings within the group and will consider candidates at the Senior Director, Director, and Associate Director levels.
Cornerstone has assisted our client in locating senior-level talent across their Global Clinical Development organization from many of the leading/most prominent Pharmaceutical/Biotech companies. They offer very strong compensation packages, including an excellent long-term incentive package that last year paid out at over 50%.
As a key member of the Clinical Development team, you will work closely with executive-level Physicians to ensure that all phases of clinical development, including the design and implementation of clinical protocols and development plans, are achieved successfully while also playing a key role in cross-functional development/operations.
TITLE: Senior Director, Clinical Research Scientist (our Client will also consider Director and AD level candidates as they have multiple openings)
LOCATION: New Jersey with partial work@home flexibility
Our client is situated within reasonable commuting distance of all areas in North and Central NJ, as well as Eastern Pennsylvania, Southern New York State, and New York City. This area of NJ is home to many other pharmas (and Fortune 500 companies), near New York City via public transportation, has a diverse international culture, has many top-ranked public school systems, and features diverse places to live (small cities, suburbia, farm/horse country).
RELOCATION BENEFITS: Our client can provide relocation assistance.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION AND COMPANY:
- Extremely Attractive Long-term Incentive: This publicly traded company has a long-term incentive stock plan that is incredibly generous and competitive. With this company’s pipeline in a position to yield multiple products submissions over the next 1-2 years, this is an opportunity to share in the success of a company at a critical stage in its growth cycle.
- Large & Diverse Pipeline: Our client’s pipeline features multiple candidates in each stage (Phase I – III) and addresses a wide range of solid and liquid tumor indications.
- Excellent culture/environment: Our client has attracted and retained top talent and created a global/professional culture of respect and professionalism while also being able to have fun and offer a family-friendly environment (to include a flexible schedule).
RESPONSIBILITIES: CHALLENGES, EXPECTATIONS AND DELIVERABLES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Work with senior level Clinical Development leadership to direct and support the planning and implementation of clinical programs at all stages.
- Review, analyze and interpret study results, including exploratory endpoints, ensuring appropriate data review and accurate data reporting are completed.
- Interpret safety and efficacy results data, including gathering, analyzing, reviewing, interpreting, and providing preliminary assessments and recommendations.
- Contribute to database lock, statistical analysis plans, and the preparation of CSRs, IBs, INDs, NDAs (US, EU, Japan) and other regulatory submissions.
- Provides support for advisory boards, consultant meetings, and investigator meetings, including preparation and/or delivery of presentations.
- Partner with CPMs to ensure study execution is progressing per timelines, milestones, and expected deliverables.
- Develop and maintain SOPs and working practices.
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCES / ACCOMPLISHMENTS / QUALITIES / EDUCATION:
- Ideally 7+ years of oncology clinical development experience that can be a mix of clinical research science along with clinical operations, medical writing, etc.
- Phase III and NDA/BLA experience is a plus.
- Leadership and influencing skills.
- The demonstrated ability to anticipate, recognize and resolve problems/issues that may impact timelines and deliverables.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
E: email@example.com | P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
www.cornerstonesg.com | 973.656.0220
Prior Examples of Retained Search Assignments:
- CEO | specialty start-up
- US CEO | established European small pharma
- CMO | late-stage public biotech
- CMO | mid-size pharma
- CSO | mid-size global biotech
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD generics
- SVP, Head of Global Medical Affairs | mid-size oncology company
- SVP, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs | late-stage Israeli biotech
- Group VP, Global Commercial Head | API Business Unit | Indian pharma
- VP, Global Commercial Strategy – Early Pipeline | top rare disease biotech
- VP, Global Head of Biometrics | NYC commercial-stage biotech
- VP, Head of Regulatory Affairs | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Regulatory Affairs | NYC commercial-stage biotech
- VP, Head of R&D Operations | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Health Economics & Outcomes Research | Top CNS specialty pharma
- VP, Head of Real-World Evidence | Top 5 pharma
- VP, Head of Heme/Onc Clinical Research | Public oncology biotech
- Executive Director, Head of Global Clinical Pharmacology | Public oncology biotech
- Executive Director, Head of US Drug Safety & PV | Chinese oncology biotech
- Medical Director, Clinical Development | Boston biotech
- Medical Director, Translational Medicine, Neuroscience | Top 5 Biotech
Keywords: cancer CRS CRP New York Pennsylvania I-O immunooncology immuno-oncology