Sr. Dir / Director, Neurology Lead, Translational Medicine & Early Clin Dev - Top Rare Disease Biotech (Boston)
A highly successful and attractive "rare disease"-focused Boston biotech has retained Cornerstone Search Group’s Medical Director practice for a Neurology-focused leadership position within their recently-formed Translational Medicine & Early Clinical Development Department.
This company’s Attractive Features include:
- multiple approved transformative therapies that are experiencing rapid sales growth, leading to very strong financial fundamentals (i.e. stock price and market cap growth)
- a very strong pipeline focused on transformative/curative therapies for rare diseases, often driven by genetic mutations
- its own highly-productive Discovery Research organization that is led by a world-renowned scientist
- a science-driven, innovative, and fast-moving culture with one of the industry’s most impressive work forces and a lean structure that fosters interaction with, and influence of, C-level management
- highly attractive compensation including sign-on bonuses (to address forfeitures of an annual bonus and unvested stock) and a highly attract long-term incentive stock program
Our client is seeking a strategically-minded and innovative-thinking MD or MD/PhD to oversee the successful transition of projects from Research through Early Clinical Development of novel therapies for rare neurological diseases and pain. As they strive to maintain their environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork in order to create an effective bridge between Discovery Research and Clinical Development, they seek a physician scientist with integrity, imagination, and who is teamwork focused.
- Provide clinical, medical and translational medicine expertise and leadership to drive the design, execution and interpretation of Phase 1-2a studies, including development of innovative clinical biomarkers to support decision making, in close collaboration with experts in Clinical Biomarkers, Clinical Pharmacology, Modeling & Simulation, and Clinical Ops.
- Collaborate with PV for safety evaluation in early development programs.
- Support exploratory biomarker efforts in collaboration with Clinical Biomarkers and Research groups to aid in clinical and project decision making.
- Interpret and communicate study results to department and organizational governance, functional area experts and development review committees.
- Engage with external scientific and medical experts to bring insight to development programs.
- Engage with academic and industry partners in the planning and executing of strategy and clinical studies.
- Work with colleagues across the research and clinical organizations to foster an end-to-end view of drug development, with a focus on improving patient care.
LOCATION: Our client is conveniently located for people who live in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island, and it’s accessible by both car and mass transit (train and subway "the T"). The company offers travel subsidies as well. For those outside the area, our client will provide a relocation package. The Boston Metro area is a very attractive area due to the wealth of established pharmas and start-up biotechs, its diversity of industries (finance, hospitals, academia, tech, etc.), top-ranked public schools, and a worldly population that is the most highly-educated metro area in the country.
RELOCATION: Our client has an attractive relocation package.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- MD or MD with PhD or MS
- Training in neurology, psychiatry or anesthesiology or strong post-training experience in these areas
- Academic or Industry experience in translational medicine and early clinical development
- Seeking strong communication skills that can drive collaborations across a matrixed organization
- Desire to help continuing to build and shape this recently-created Translational Medicine & Early Clinical Development Department
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Senior Partner
firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.linkedin.com/in/coreyackerman
973.656.0220 x 716
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
About Corey Ackerman: Corey is a Labor Law attorney who holds undergraduate degrees in both Economics and International Relations. He joined Cornerstone in 2001 and is now a Senior Partner with the firm. Corey’s clients include small and large pharmaceutical and biotech companies based around the world, and he plays a key leadership role in Cornerstone’s Medical Director and Market Access / HEOR / RWE recruitment practice areas.