Senior/Principal Scientist, Quantitative Safety Pharmacology Modeler | Top 10 Global Oncology Pharma Co. | Innovative Science, Nonclinical and Early Clinical | Boston area
Summary of Opportunity:
An attractive Senior/Principal Scientist, Quantitative Safety Pharmacology Modeler opportunity with one of the most successful Global Oncology companies, with one of the strongest pipelines in the world.
The Senior/Principal Scientist, Quantitative Safety Pharmacology Modeler will support global drug development by building system safety pharmacology/toxicology models, particularly within immunology and cardiovascular biology. This is an exciting opportunity at the interface between nonclinical drug safety, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, clinical pharmacology, and translational medicine to influence drug development. You will develop mathematical models to understand the targeted biological pathways and exposure-safety relationship of novel therapeutic agents, and you will implement the right modeling & simulation strategy to assist with lead optimization, establish TK/TD relationships, and create mechanistic safety pharmacology models to support project needs.
Confidentiality: All Inquiries, submissions & communications are treated as confidential information.
Location: Cambridge, MA
Attractive Features about this Opportunity and Company:
- Science: Advance innovative novel oncology/immune-oncology and rare-diseases assets across early phases of development.
- Visibility: Rare opportunity to join a large, established, patient-focused and innovation-driven company, but on a lean team with high visibility and exposure to multiple studies and assets.
- Broad Patient Impact: Be an important part of drug development for multiple cancer and rare-disease treatments for patients.
- Cancer Treatments Track Record: Join a global industry leader to advance novel treatments in a company with a strong track record of drug approvals and a rich pipeline of assets with novel modalities.
- Strong Leadership: Join one of the most respected innovative companies, known for developing some of the strongest leaders in the field through a culture of mentorship and collaboration.
- Discovery through Development: An exciting opportunity to be at the interface of nonclinical drug safety, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, clinical pharmacology, and translational medicine. Gain valuable experience on clinical pharmacology side.
- Advancement and Promotional Opportunities: Make a real impact and with mentorship and guidance grow/advance into other internal senior level opportunities.
- Ph.D/Pharm.D/M.D with training in chemical or biomedical engineering, toxicology, pharmaceutical sciences, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent area with at least 4 years of industry experience in mathematical modeling of biological systems.
- Essential qualifications include in depth understanding of safety pharmacology, particularly in immunology and cardiovascular biology, and numerical methods, as well as hands-on experience with modeling software, and the ability to clearly present modeling and simulation findings.
- Strong competency in coding and running modeling and simulation related software such as Matlab, NONMEM, Phoenix Winnonlin and R is required.
- Publication(s) applying modeling and simulation approaches to immunology and cardiovascular physiology is preferred.
- Expected to design and build translational TK/TD and mechanistic models or platforms to understand the mechanism, translatability and impacts of safety pharmacology/toxicity findings (both from in vivo and in vitro studies).
- Must be able to apply mathematical models to evaluate potential safety risks and mitigation plan.
Director, Executive Search
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC s
6 Campus Drive, Parsippany, NJ 07054
Phone: 973-656-0220 x734
About Cornerstone Search Group:
Cornerstone Search Group is a “boutique” Life Sciences Specialty Executive Search Firm that helps US and Global Life Sciences companies--that range from lesser known early-stage biotechnology companies through to the several of the largest global pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry leaders—to find, attract and hire talent for leadership positions (CxO/EVP/SVP/VP levels) and critical strategy, execution and operational level roles too (ED/SD/D/AD levels).
Keywords: Oncology, Rare-Diseases, Nonclinical, Drug Discovery, Early Clinical, Drug Development, Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology, toxicology, safety pharmacology, nonclinical drug safety, Hematology/Oncology, Hema/Onc, Pharma, Pharmaceuticals, Biopharma, Biotech, Early Stage, Early Clin Dev, immuno-oncology, immune-oncology, I/O, IO, PhD., Ph.D., Doctorate, PharmD, scientist, senior scientist, principal scientist, preclinical, phase I, Phase II, modeling & simulation, mathematical models, drug metabolism, immunology, cardiovascular biology, cardiovascular physiology, cardiac ion channel inhibition, myelosuppression, gastrointestinal toxicity, cytokine release syndrome, drug induced liver injury models, in vivo, in vitro, in-vivo, in-vitro, TK/TD, Matlab, NONMEM, Phoenix Winnonlin, R, modeling software, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Statistics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, science, Biotechnology