Senior Director, Clinical Operations – Hema/Onc (Direct Reports) | High-Profile Pharma | NY/NJ Area: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone Search Group is working exclusively with a highly regarded, rapidly growing pharma that has multiple approved drugs and an extensive pipeline. Our client is seeking a high-performing Clinical Operations Leader to oversee the dynamic operational growth of their Hematology/Oncology pipeline which include fast tracked registrational stage programs. In this newly created leadership role, you will have multiple direct reports and the critical responsibility for strategic operational development (including cross-functional collaboration).
While our client has experienced incredible growth and stability over the past decade, they strive to preserve their forward-thinking culture by continuing to hire leaders who have scientific curiosity and a “get things done” mentality. Compensation (base, bonus, stock options and restricted stock) will be highly competitive and they can offer a robust relocation package and sign-on bonuses to cover unvested stock and unpaid annual bonuses.
Location: Northern New Jersey location that is also commutable from NYC ( New York City ), Southern New York State, and Connecticut. This area has many towns with excellent school systems.
Relocation: Our client can offer a robust relocation package.
Compensation: Compensation (base, bonus, stock options and restricted stock) will be highly competitive including and they can offer a robust relocation package and sign-on bonuses to cover unvested stock and unpaid annual bonuses.
Attractive Features about this Opportunity:
- Newly-Created Role with Direct Reports driven by growth of their cutting-edge Hematology/Oncology pipeline that has fast tracked assets.
- Financial Stability & Opportunity: Our client is incredibly stable and positioned for continued rapid growth for many years to come. While they have grown larger, they don’t rest on their laurels. They maintain their forward-thinking culture, but also have the resources available now that make them incredibly successful and attractive to work for.
- Pioneering Clinical Operations Strategies: This is an opportunity to work within a Clinical Research and Operations group that is at the forefront of the latest operational strategies. They are doing things differently in order to enable critical therapies to get to patients quicker and more efficiently.
- Flexibility: Given that our client is looking for a top-performing Clinical Operations leader, they respect that this type of individual can handle a flexible schedule to get things done, and thus work-at-home flexibility is afforded with the understanding that all critical meetings need to be attended in person.
- Growing Team: You are joining at a great time. You will have the opportunity to play a large role in the growth of the Hematology/Oncology function.
- Serve as the Clinical Operations Leader responsible for direct reports, cross-functional collaboration, and overall strategic management of the slate of complex Oncology/Hematology programs.
- Take ownership of Clinical Operations activities related to quality, timelines and budgets and conduct of clinical research studies.
- Collaborate and manage senior-level internal and external relationships with executive management, vendors, collaboration partners and clinical study personnel for clinical operations projects and department initiatives.
- Line management of clinical trial management staff, including responsibility for staff recruitment, development, coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Communicate and implement progress, risks, issues or changes that may impact quality, timelines and budgets.
- Provide strategic operational insight into feasibility, timeline and cost estimates during clinical program/study development.
- Assess and communicate operational trends and areas for improvement to Senior/Executive-level leadership within Hematology/Oncology.
- Drive decision making and integration to all operational considerations for studies within a clinical program and ensure goals are attainable prior to implementation.
- Serve as the point of contact for clinical program and study level escalation.
- Plan, review and implement key metrics and KPIs across studies and within clinical programs to track study progress and address and/or escalate issues.
- Provide innovative and flexible operational solutions and options to the cross functional and development teams.
- Drive the strategy and oversight for vendor selection and management and serve on the CRO Governance team.
Education & Experience Desired:
- BA/BS required. Advanced scientific degree is a plus
- Pharma/biotech clinical operations experience in clinical-stage Oncology is required
- 10+ years of Clinical Operations / Trial Management experience
- Direct report/people management experience is required
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, creative, and scientific culture that requires a “can-do” attitude and a desire to figure out ways to get the job done right and in a timely fashion
Thomas Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Recent Retained Searches:
- CMO | late-stage public biotech
- CMO | mid-size public pharma
- CSO | mid-size Global Biotech
- SVP, Head of Global Medical Affairs | mid-size Oncology company
- SVP, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs | late-stage Israeli biotech
- Group VP, Global Commercial Head | API Business Unit
- VP, Head of R&D Operations | Boston biotech
- VP, Head of Health Economics & Outcomes Research | Top CNS Specialty Pharma
- VP, Head of Real-World Evidence | Top 5 Pharma
- VP, Head of Heme/Onc Clinical Research | Public Oncology Biotech
- Executive Director, Head of Global Clinical Pharmacology | Public Oncology Biotech
- Executive Director, Head of US Drug Safety & PV | Top Chinese Biotech
- Medical Director, Clinical Development | Boston biotech
- Medical Director, Translational Medicine, Neuroscience | Top 5 biotech firm
About Cornerstone Search Group: Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top Executive Search Firms in the USA (2017 & 2018), we are an industry-leading Pharma & Biotech Executive Search Firm that works with small biotech startups all the way through to large branded & generic pharmas. We are particularly known for our long history of success in helping small, lesser-known US and Internationally-based pharmas/biotechs compete for top talent at the Director, VP, and CxO (CEO, CMO, CSO, CCO] levels.
Keywords: Clinical, Operations, Project, Program, Global, Trial, Study, Phase, Early, Late, PoC, Proof, Concept, Indication, Protocol, Investigator, PI, Patient, Drug, Asset, Product, Site, Compliance, Monitor, Safety, Data, Database, Recruit, Lock, Development, Plan, CDP, Research, R&D, Lead, Manage, Supervise, Sr, Senior, Executive, Management, Analyze, Analysis, Budget, NDA, BLA, FDA, Filing, Regulatory, Medical