Sr/Executive Medical Director, Medical Affairs | Rare Diseases Specialty Biotech | Retained Search
You will be the lead M.D./Physician within Global Medical Affairs for one of the major disease portfolios for this Rare Disease focused Biotech Company. You will lead the medical strategies for the products in the portfolio that are already approved in the US, EU and other markets, and for those assets/products in-development too (i.e. determine what key medical and scientific data/information will be communicated via publications/abstracts/posters/conferences, contribute to protocol designs for early and later stage development programs, provide input/guidance for labeling, review and evaluate IIS requests, advise/consult MSLs, medical information, clinical r&d, commercial, regulatory affairs and others, communicate and interact extensively with KOLs and more).
This is a highly-visible position within this growing and expanding Rare Disease focused Biotech that reports directly to the Head of Global Medical Affairs and reports N-1 from the CMO and N-2 from the CEO. This is a position where you can make significant contributions that will most certainly have an impact on the portfolio (i.e. help bring important treatments for rare genetic diseases to patients faster and better for the benefit of all internal and external stakeholders).
Confidentiality: All inquiries and submissions are treated as confidential information
Location: This Company is located in in a Central NJ area that is commutable from many areas in NJ, PA and NYC too.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for qualifying candidates
Attractive Features about this Opportunity
- Impact: you will make significant contributions and see the impact of your input and efforts
- High visibility: you will directly interact and communicate with Sr. Exec & Functional Management
- Valuable experience: you will gain valuable Global pre and post launch experience with novel assets
- Promotional opportunities: this position will provide you with an ideal opportunity to be noticed
- Culture: join a rare disease specialty company with a unparalleled commitment and sense-of-urgency to develop and get important novel treatments to patients
- D. degree is required
- Medical training and/or experience in genetics, metabolism, neurology, cardiology, pulmonary and/or with any rare diseases is a very big plus
- Several years of Medical Affairs experience gained working in industry with a pharma/biotech
- Very strong communication and presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to effectively work in a smaller entrepreneurial environment
Cliff Miras | Managing Partner
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC | Life Sciences Executive Search Specialists
6 Campus Drive, NJ 07054
Phone: 973-656-0220 x711
About Cornerstone Search Group
Cornerstone Search Group is a “boutique” Life Sciences Specialty Executive Search Firm that helps US and Global Life Sciences companies-- that range from lesser known early-stage biotechnology companies through to the several of the largest global pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry leaders—to find, attract and hire talent for leadership positions (CxO/EVP/SVP/VP levels) and critical strategy, execution and operational level roles too (ED/SD/D/AD levels).
Keywords: Medical Affairs, MD, M.D., Physician, Medical Director, Rare, Disease, Metabolism, Metabolic, Neurology, Neuro, Muscular, Clinical, MSL, Liaison, Medical, Scientific, Communications, Publications, Label, Labeling, Regulatory, Health Economics, HEOR, HE&OR, RWE, Real World Evidence, RWD, Real World Data