Principal Scientist (Director-level), Manufacturing: Growing Biopharma/Vaccines | Top Relo and Benefits: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone has been Retained by a unique, well-funded and rapidly growing Biopharma focused within Vaccine Development as they are going through expansive growth. Our client is a leader in their field of expertise and is part of a larger established company, ultimately allowing for a best of both world’s environment to include a smaller, nimble and family-friendly culture while offering world-class compensation packages, benefits and a top-notch relocation package that is usually offered only at larger companies.
The Principal Scientist (director-level), Manufacturing will play a critical role in our client’s growth. They are seeking an experienced manufacturing professional that can serve as a hands-on strategic decision maker (taking a product from concept through process optimization and through commercialization). Our client also has an opportunity available managing direct reports, but this specific role doesn’t have direct reports and manages cross-functional/matrixed interactions.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES OF THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Smaller, creative, family-friendly environment – Our client offers an exceptional working environment. Their culture emphasizes creativity, passion and teamwork, which is led by their CEO and COO – both who have been with the organization since its inception (15+ years).
- World-class benefits and relocation assistance – Since our client is a subsidiary of a very large company, they can offer exceptional benefits (health, financial, wellness, etc.). Furthermore, their relocation package is top-notch, taking all the guess-work and cost out of your decision-making process.
- Difference-making technology – Our client has a platform that can develop vaccines and other pharmaceuticals more efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner, which is obviously incredibly practical in today’s time.
- Lead strategy – This is an excellent opportunity for a professional that prefers to actively stay involved in day-to-day manufacturing strategy and operations while having a critical say in the cross-functional decision-making process, but also would rather not manage direct reports.
- Great location/place to live – Our client’s location offers an affordable, safe, central Kentucky location allowing easy access to several larger cities, while also offering a perfect place to raise a family. It is a tight-knit community offering a growing downtown with many different cultural options.
- A key thought leader and advisor for multiple programs; responsible for external engagement.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on manufacturing technology, processes, and equipment for specific products.
- Advises program leaders with technological expertise where needed.
- Collaborates with other functions to support business development proposals or evaluation of acquisition targets.
- Directs preparation and presentations for external engagements (e.g., key meeting with business partners, academic audience, global, etc.).
- Ensure programs are managed, executed, and delivered to support overall business strategy.
- Assist in the expansion of the function, evaluating performance of existing talent, recruiting appropriate new talent.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related scientific discipline.
- 7-10+ years of manufacturing experience in process development and optimization especially for protein purification (e.g., chromatography).
- Plant-based protein expression experience strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of cross-functional engagement to manage multiple programs/projects.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills, including ability to communicate clearly to executives and stakeholders.
- Exhibits facility with written and oral communication for external audiences, especially on technical subjects.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA