Medical Director (M.D.), Infectious Disease | Move from Academia to Pharma/Biotech Remote-based | Exciting Pre-IPO Biotech | Report to CMO: RETAINED SEARCH
SUMMARY: A unique opportunity to move your career from academia/research into the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry where you will have the chance to report to/ learn from a reputable and experienced CMO, working on innovative and important Infectious Disease with an exciting Pre-IPO Biotech. This is a uniquely attractive ground-floor opportunity to get your foot in the door into the pharmaceutical industry with a Pre-IPO clinical-stage biotech company whose lead clinical candidate is a novel first-in-class treatment. Additionally, this opportunity will allow you to transition, learn and grow your career while gaining valuable clinical development experience/ be mentored by an industry veteran all with a very exciting organization, as they are growing/continue to grow.
In this newly created role, you will report to and work alongside the CMO on their lead ID program. Given the smaller company environment, our client is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking individual who embraces startup biotech and is eager to learn/contribute and grow their career while bringing important therapies through Clinical Development to the patients who need them (bench to bedside).
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting and well-funded company at an important time in its growth and work closely with an impressive senior leadership team of highly accomplished industry executives. As opposed to working in a large organization, you will have the ability to contribute to key programs from day one, impact/influence the company’s overall strategy, direction, and continued success.
LOCATION: This position is remote based with a preference for someone located on the East Coast.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION AND COMPANY:
- Unique “Ground-Floor” Opportunity: Attractive chance to move your career into the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry with an exciting biotech while gaining key Clinical Development experience.
- Advance your Career: Report to the CMO (a well-respected industry veteran), who will take the time and resources to provide mentorship and help your transition into industry.
- Financial Stability & Growing Company: Join a well-funded and rapidly growing company that will be going public soon. This company offers all the attractive features sought with a small startup organization (quick decision-making, high impact/exposure, nimble/agile, autonomy, small team camaraderie, etc.).
- Strong Executive Leadership Team: You will work closely with an industry-experienced and accomplished Exec Leadership team with proven successes leading both early/Pre-IPO biotechs and late-stage companies through commercialization.
- Track Record of Success: The CEO (whom we have worked with for many years) is an extremely accomplished executive with a very impressive track record of success in the pharma/biotech industry.
- Great Time to Join: This is a perfect time to join this company as they are Pre-IPO.
- Fellowship/Training in Infectious Disease / Virology (Gastroenterology may also be acceptable, given the right experience)
- Experience working on Clinical Trials as a P.I. / Sub-P.I. is a plus
- Strong communication skills
Courtland T. Miras | Senior Director
P: 973-656-0220 x737
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Recently Completed Retained Searches by Cornerstone:
- Chief Medical Officer | Clinical-stage cell therapy biotech | NYC
- Chief Scientific Officer | Mid-size global biotech | NJ
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD Generics start-up
- VP, Oncology Drug Development | Early/later-stage oncology biotech | NJ/NYC
- VP, Clinical Operations | Clinical-stage biotech | Philadelphia
- VP, Clinical Operations | Oncology startup biotech | NJ
- VP, Clinical Operations | Cell Therapy biotech | Boston/Cambridge
- ED, Clinical R&D, Oncology | Early-stage I-O biotech | Boston/Cambridge
- Head of Human Resources | Clinical-stage biotech | Philadelphia
- Head of Talent Acquisition| Mid-size rare disease biotech
- Senior Director (Head), Global Clinical Operations | Cell/Gene Therapy Biotech | NYC
- Sr. Medical Director, Clinical Development Oncology | NYC/NJ area
- Director (Head), Talent Management | Mid-size biotech | NY/NJ area