Medical Director, Early Clinical Development, Oncology | Exciting Science, Novel IO Platform | Top 15 Biopharma | Boston Area
As the Medical Director for Clinical Science / Early Clinical Development for this Top 15 Biopharma Company, you will be the lead study physician / medical director to lead/drive the clinical activities for multiple early clinical trials for a novel immune-oncology program to treat multiple solid tumors and hematological cancers. You will have a very rewarding opportunity to work with exciting science, priority oncology/IO platform/program, collaborative team/manager, and help move forward an important therapy for cancer patients. This person is encouraged to continuously improve on the status quo and have an active role in strategy design/implementation.
You be part of and enjoy the best of what a large biopharma & a small biotech each have to offer, i.e. enjoy the financial security of a larger pharma that generates significant revenues & profits, invests heavily in annual R&D spend, has very broad and diverse early & later-stage oncology/IO pipelines, and offers attractive compensation & an extensive benefits package, and also enjoy what a small biotech offers; minimal layers of management, autonomy, access/visibility to Sr. Management, swift decision making and more.
LOCATION: Boston/Cambridge MA area
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance is available
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES INCLUDE (AMONG OTHERS):
- Exciting Science
- High priority Platform/Program with generous resources and fast-moving timelines
- Key Medical Director opportunity with a good deal of independence in daily decision making
- Lead protocol implementation from its very early clinical translation
- High visibility, inclusivity, influence and impact, with active participation in designing the Early clinical strategy
- Tremendous professional growth; nurturing environment & mentorship
- Collegial and collaborative atmosphere
- Top 15 Biopharma: join an established and expanding global Oncology industry leader
- Competitive compensation and benefits package: receive a strong compensation & benefits package
- Best of both worlds: enjoy the best of what an established and larger biopharma offers; significant revenues, profits, strong early & later-stage pipelines, attractive compensation & extensive benefits package, and enjoy what small biotech offers too; minimal layers of management, autonomy, access/visibility to Sr. Management, swift decision making, tremendous growth and more.
- MD degree required; PhD is a plus.
- 3-5+ years of progressive oncology clinical development experience gained working in industry.
- Immune-oncology research and/or clinical development experience is a plus.
- Interest in translational medicine is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and leadership experience directly or indirectly leading/managing other professionals.
- Ability to build successful relationships, ability to learn/grow, self-driven with a flexible approach.
- Medical monitoring experience with an understanding how a physician supports other functions toward success.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All communications are treated as highly confidential information.
Viola Serrano | Director, Executive Search
P: 973.656.0220 x734
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Recent Retained Searches our Hematology/Oncology MD/Physician Specialty Practice Area has successfully completed include: *CMO for a Boston-based Early-Stage Oncology Biotech, *SVP & Head of Translational Medicine & Early Clinical Development for a Boston Oncology Biotech, *SVP & Global Head of Oncology Medical Affairs for a Global Oncology Leader, *VP of US Oncology Medical Affairs for an expanding Global Oncology Co, and *Executive Director of Early Clinical Immuno-Oncology Development for a Top 10 Global Immuno-Oncology Co. *Global Clinical Leaders, Senior Medical Directors, Medical Directors for a Top 15 Global Oncology Biopharma Co.
Keywords: immune-oncology, IO, oncology, cancer, tumor, novel platform, leadership, medical director, study, physician, clinical trial, project, program, asset, clinical development, early development, phase, combination, pharmaceuticals, biotech, biopharmaceuticals, executive search, recruitment