Leadership Opportunity | Head/Sr. Director of Process Chemistry Development | Innovative Therapies, Global Biopharma | Boston Area
This is a highly visible site leadership opportunity to join an attractive global biopharma company that has an extremely diverse early and later-stage pipeline of products. This is an impactful role where you will provide scientific and technical leadership & guidance to a team responsible for the development and execution of robust and cost-effective processes for the manufacture of new small molecule APIs, along with methods for achieving and controlling high standards of purity and quality, throughout the entire development lifecycle.
As a Site Leader within the global process chemistry organization, you will contribute your technical expertise across multiple projects, drive the optimization of operational procedures, lead & drive both line function and cross-functional strategy, lead/manage teams with accountability for performance and results, and manage/work with external partners/vendors.
LOCATION: Boston, MA | Relocation Assistance
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS COMPANY & OPPORTUNITY:
- High-Visibility & Ability to Impact: You will play a key role in providing input & guidance for developing improved & cost-effective processes for the manufacture of high priority therapies
- Lead a Large Team: Provide strategic, scientific and technical leadership as Head of group with direct reports
- Enjoy the Best of Both Worlds: Enjoy the minimal layers of management, fast pace, and swift decision making of a biotech culture with collegial & collaborative atmosphere, while also enjoying the financial stability and the financial strength of an established global biopharma (i.e. more financial and human capital resources, more assets, tremendous growth, etc.)
- Cutting-Edge Therapeutics: You will be working with innovative and promising new treatments
- Strong Collaborations / Financial Strength/ R&D Spend: Join a global industry leader with a track record of establishing multiple collaborations with top academic research centers, and with other innovative biotech companies too in a highly competitive marketplace. This Company has strong revenues, profits, cash & market cap that invests heavily in its annual R&D.
- Very Competitive Compensation/Benefits: This Company offers a very competitive compensation package and an extensive benefits package (strong LTI, 401k company contributions, employee stock purchase plan & much more).
- PhD degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science, with relevant 14+ years of industry experience; MS, BS degree with 16+ years of industry experience
- Extensive experience in CMC pharmaceutical development for APIs and drug products under cGMP’s (need sound knowledge of current cGMP practices)
- Significant relevant pharmaceutical development experience
- Strong outsourcing experience working with external partners
- Significant technical and strategic leadership experience with directly managing a team and direct reports
- Experience leading functional regulatory strategy
- Phase appropriate development of multiple projects in an accelerated environment
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
- PhD-level research in organic chemistry or related field or substantial industrial organic chemistry lab-based research experience is a plus; advanced proficiency with typical analytical tools (e.g. NMR, UV, IR, HPLC)
CONFIDENTIALITY: All communications are treated as highly confidential information.
Viola Serrano | Senior Director, Executive Search
P: 973-656-0220 x734
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP
Pharma/Biotech Executive Search Specialists | Forbes “Top 250 Search Firm” for 2018 & 2017
PO Box 5657 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Keywords: process chemistry, chemical process, drug substance, development, pharmaceutical, sciences, organic chemistry, pharmaceutical development, CMC, cGMP, active pharmaceutical ingredient, API, small molecules, strategy, technical, NMR, UV, IR, HPLC, tech transfer, manufacturing, process development, outsourcing, leadership, site, leader, senior director