Lead Sr. Medical Director, Drug Safety (M.D.) | Top Rare Disease Co | San Francisco: RETAINED SEARCH
As the Lead Sr. Drug Safety Medical Director for this Top Rare Disease Co., you will provide advice, guidance, counsel, direction, support…to Medical Affairs, Commercial (Marketing, Sales) and others regarding various Global Drug Safety matters for this Company’s portfolio of multiple FDA approved therapies and its pipeline therapies to treat rare chronic/deadly genetic disorders/diseases.
This is a very attractive opportunity for a Drug Safety Physician that possesses very good communication, presentation and people skills, and that enjoys working with and consulting with team members from multiple functional areas. You will use the depth and breadth of you Drug Safety experience (i.e. case review, analysis & reporting, aggregate data analysis & reporting, signal detection analysis and more) along with your strong communication/people skills in this very important and visible role.
This company offers a very attractive and extensive benefits package that includes a pension plan in addition to an annual bonus and an annual LTI award (Long Term Incentives).
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Attractive Features Include:
- Join a company that offers a very challenging and rewarding position working with very important medicines/therapies, and receives great benefits too, including a pension plan
- Very attractive opportunity for an experienced Drug Safety Physician to use his/her strong communication/presentation/people skills in a very important consultative role
- Very visible position that will work closely with Medical Affairs, Commercial, Clinical Development and US and Global Drug Safety team members
- ”Best of both worlds:” be part of a smaller/nimble biotech with the security & benefits of large pharma
- Work with very important novel innovative therapies to treat rare chronic/deadly diseases/disorders
- Join a company that has one of the most extensive R&D pipelines across multiple Therapeutic Areas
- M.D. is required
- Very strong communication and presentation skills
- Several years of progressive Drug Safety & PVG experience gained working in the pharma/biotech industry (e.g. aggregate data analysis & reporting, signal detection, etc.)
- Pluses include any epidemiology training and experience, experience working with drugs to treat rare diseases, working with any drugs accompanied by a REMS program
Cliff Miras | Managing Partner
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC | Life Sciences Executive Search Specialists
6 Campus Drive | Parsippany, NJ 07054
Keywords: senior director, sr. director, drug safety, pharmacovigilance, PVG, aggregate reports, signal detection, REMS, RMP, risk management, epidemiology, psur, FDA, monitor, San Francisco, oracle, argus