Head, Patient Advocacy (can be home-based USA) | Commercial-stage Rare Disease Pharma | Next launch is 1st drug for ultra-rare disorder: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone Search Group has been retained by a commercial-stage, profitable, and publicly-traded rare / ultra-rare disease pharma that is seeking to hire a Head of Patient Advocacy, a position that can be field-based. This position will report to their SVP of Market Access, whom we know well and think very highly of. Our client is seeking a biotech/pharma industry experienced patient advocacy professional who would like to take on the challenge of helping them launch their next drug, which would be the first medicine approved to address a recently defined, ultra-rare, and life-threatening immunodeficiency disorder. This disorder, like many, has been traditionally slow to be diagnosed, but that is changing now that there is an ICCD-10-CM code for this disorder and our client has developed a free-of-charge companion diagnostic to identify the genetic variant responsible for this disorder.
Our client, a dynamic and growing rare disease pharma, is seeking a leader to develop and execute a comprehensive advocacy and alliance strategy. The Head will be responsible for building and enhancing strategic alliances with key stakeholders (such as patient advocacy groups and rare/ultra-rare disease organizations like IDF, NORD, JMF ) in support of their existing and pipeline therapies. The Head will be accountable for creating a unified vision for patient relations as well as directing the implementation of programs for relevant patient and caregiver groups, alliances, and coalitions.
3 HIGHLY ATTRACTIVE FEATURES OF THIS OPPORTUNITY:
(1) “Best of Both Worlds”: Enjoy the benefits of working in a small environment but with the stability afforded by already being commercial-stage, profitable, their stock price is doing well, and its next approved therapy will be the first drug approved for an immunodeficiency disorder.
(2) Work from Home: Our client is open to candidates being field based as they operated remotely even before the pandemic.
(3) Excellent Hiring Manager: We have worked with this hiring manager before and know first-hand that this SVP of Market Access has excellent communication skills and is a very strong manager.
LOCATION: Our client is open to candidates being remote based as they operated remotely even before the pandemic.
DESIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / BEHAVIORS:
- BA/BS required. Relevant advanced degrees are a plus.
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including patient advocacy experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech company.
- Brand launch experience is a plus.
- Track record of successful relationship development with patient advocacy organizations.
- Seeking a passionate, proactive, self-motivated, and strategic leader who is transparent, builds trusting relationships, and desires to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented culture.
- Ability to communicate concepts in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to diverse audiences (C-level, Commercial, Med Affairs, etc.) and effectively manage internal and external stakeholder expectations.
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Senior Partner
P: 973.656.0220 x716
Rita Boyle | Partner
P: 973.656.0220 x735
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Life Sciences Executive Search
350 Main Street | Chatham, New Jersey (USA)
Keywords: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation NORD National Organization for Rare Disorders JDRF IDF Immune Deficiency Foundation JMP Jeffrey Modell Foundation EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases Global Genes