Head of Health Economics Outcomes Research – Top Boston Pharma: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone Search Group’s Market Access/HEOR Specialty Practice has been retained by one of Boston’s top pharmaceutical companies for their Head of Health Economics and Outcomes Research position. This highly visible role reports to the Global Head of Clinical Development & Medical Affairs (GHCDMA). As a member of the GCDMA Leadership Team you will provide strategic and managerial oversight of all global HEOR initiatives and best practice sharing. Our client is seeking an individual who has demonstrated experience with developing and implementing innovative US & Global HEOR strategies, utilizes rigorous science and data generation/RWE. Our client has marketed products across multiple therapeutic areas.
Compensation: Highly competitive compensation package that includes a generous base salary, bonus and long term incentive (LTI) with an aggressive vesting schedule.
Relocation: Comprehensive relocation program for eligible candidates.
Develop and Manager Global HEOR Strategy:
- Provide strong visionary leadership for global HEOR activities primarily in the US, UK and Europe and other world areas as assigned.
- Ensure that resources, personnel and expertise are appropriately prioritized and deployed to successfully and efficiently meet HEOR commitments and time lines.
- Develop and execute global HEOR strategies in collaboration with internal stakeholders and alliance partners.
- Educate the organization on the latest developments and thinking in HEOR as it relates to evidence-based medicine, regulatory processes and reimbursement policies.
- Drive the design and development of pharmacoeconomic models, budget impact and disease treatment models with and for key stakeholders.
Manage and Develop Talent:
- Inspire and lead direct reports and indirect reports to ensure attainment of established goals and objectives.
- Ensure global compliance with all relevant internal and external policies and regulations applicable to health economics and outcomes research.
- Promote a high performance, results oriented work culture and instill rigor to the selection, development and retention of human capital assets worldwide.
- Set global work standards, establish clear expectations and monitor delivery of excellent performance.
- Promote a work environment that included coaching, mentoring, accountability, feedback and high-performance standards.
- Optimize performance and continuous development of direct reports.
- Set clear standards and expectations for the dissemination of relevant, accurate and compelling HEOR data.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all study team members and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote collaborative relations with stakeholders, vendors, consultants, and regulatory bodies around the globe.
- Represent company before scientific and professional meetings/conferences.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the matrix and up to C-level management.
- Doctorate degree (PhD, D.Ph., ScD) in a health services discipline.
- Highly developed mastery of complex HEOR methodologies, economic data analysis, econometric modeling and real-world outcomes research with a minimum of 10 years in pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and the ability to influence senior leaders and stakeholders in terms of statistical analysis, data interpretation and submission standards.
- Record of successful implementation of novel methodologies or innovation within the realm of health economics and outcomes research.
- Open on therapeutic area of expertise as company has multiple therapeutic areas.
- Demonstrated record of peer reviewed scientific publications, dossier development and strategic, customer centered HEOR tool development.
- In-depth knowledge of (US) healthcare systems including managed care organizations, PBM’s, Medicare and Medicaid.
Rita Boyle | Partner – Co-Lead, Market Access/HEOR Practice
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Sr. Partner – Co-Lead, Market Access/HEOR Practice
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010
Cornerstone’s Recently Completed Search Assignments:
- VP, Global Market Access, Oncology – major pharma – New Jersey
- VP, Real World Evidence – major pharma, New Jersey
- VP, US HEOR – major pharma, New Jersey
- Build-out of Field Outcomes Liaison team – mid-size Global pharma – Boston Area
- EVP, CMO – Clinical-Stage Oncology Biopharma – Boston Area
- VP, Head of Clinical Development – Clinical-Stage Oncology Biopharma – Boston Area
- VP, Medical Affairs - mid-size Global pharma – New Jersey
- SVP, Head of Oncology Global Medical Affairs – mid-size Global pharma – New Jersey
- Executive Director, Clinical Development, Oncology – small Global pharma – New Jersey
Keywords: Health Economics Outcomes Research, HEOR, Health Outcomes, Global Health Economics, GHE, WWHEOR, GHEOR, CORE, Real World Evidence, RWE, Real World Data, Patient Reported Outcomes, PRO