Head, Manufacturing | Successful & Growing Biopharma | New Leadership Role: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone has been Retained by a unique, well-funded and rapidly growing Biopharma focused within vaccine and antibody development as they are going through expansive growth. This is a newly-created leadership role where, as the Head of Manufacturing/Process Development, you will oversee/lead a team of 10+ personnel and report directly into the COO and play a critical role in the company’s continued growth/success. As such, they are seeking an experienced manufacturing professional that can serve as both a hands-on strategic decision maker (taking a product from concept through process optimization and through commercialization), while also being a strong team/people leader.
Our client is a leader in their field of expertise and has developed their own unique technology platform, as well as a best-of-both-world’s environment to include a smaller, collaborative and inclusive culture while also having a ton of resources and offering top-notch compensation/benefits that is usually offered only at larger companies.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Top Person in Manufacturing/Process Development – As the Head of Manufacturing, you will lead/oversee the entire department and report into an excellent COO (whom we know very well), while also still staying actively involved in the day-to-day/big-picture strategy and operations.
- Smaller, Collaborative Culture – Our client offers an exceptional working environment. Their culture emphasizes creativity, passion and teamwork, which is led by their CEO and COO – both who have been with the organization since its inception.
- Join at Perfect Time – You will be joining at a great time as the company is going through a huge growth/expansion phase.
- Difference-making Technology – Our client has a platform that can develop vaccines and other pharmaceuticals more efficiently, effectively and faster than traditional methods, which is obviously very practical and advantageous in today’s world.
- Excellent Compensation/Benefits and Full Relo – Since our client is a subsidiary of a large/established company, they can offer exceptional benefits (health, financial, wellness, etc.). Furthermore, their relocation package is top-notch, taking all the guess-work and cost out of your decision-making process.
- Great Location/Place to Live – Our client’s location offers an affordable, safe, central Kentucky location allowing easy access to several larger cities, while also offering a perfect place to raise a family. It is a tight-knit community offering a growing downtown with many different cultural options.
- Responsible/ownership for all Manufacturing activities for both small and large scale clinical/commercial manufacturing facility.
- Directly accountable for the daily Manufacturing Department activities.
- Lead and ensure that all activities are aligned with long range operating plan.
- Ensure all day to day activities support the delivery of product according to plan.
- Lead operations and the actions required to assure production schedules are achieved with the operational expense and capital budget.
- Build a high performing, scalable manufacturing organization focused on consistent, reliable, safe and compliant operations.
- Support the development of new products and make the essential changes to facility, staff and equipment to assure smooth tech transfers, process improvements, and validation programs.
- Collaborate with/participate in Regulatory and 3rd party inspections/audits as Manufacturing Department Lead.
- Develop long-term department goals and enact production strategies with the goal of increasing production and product quality.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- An advanced degree in engineering or related scientific discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant manufacturing experience from concept through commercialization.
- People management (direct reports) experience is required.
- Protein expression, large molecule experience strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of cross-functional engagement to manage multiple programs/projects.
Brian Skurka | Partner
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 973-656-0220 x738
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
PO Box 5657 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA