Head, Manufacturing/Development: Growing Biopharma – Newly-created – Top Mfg. position: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone has been Retained by a unique, well-funded, rapidly growing Biopharma focused within Large Molecule (Vaccines, Antibodies, etc.) Development through a unique manufacturing platform. Our client is a leader in their field and is part of a larger established company - allowing for a smaller, nimble and family-friendly culture while still offering world-class compensation packages, benefits and a top-notch relocation package.
This newly created position will serve as the Head of Manufacturing and Process Development during an incredibly important time in our client’s growth. Responsibilities include growing a team, developing strategy and serving as the most critical leader/overseer of the entire manufacturing lifecycle. You will report directly to an excellent Chief Operating Officer.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES OF THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Smaller, creative, family-friendly environment – Our client offers an exceptional working environment. Their culture emphasizes creativity, passion and teamwork, which is led by their CEO and COO – both who have been with the organization since its inception (15+ years).
- World-class benefits and relocation assistance – Since our client is a subsidiary of a very large company, they can offer exceptional benefits (health, financial, wellness, etc.). Furthermore, their relocation package is top-notch, taking all the guess-work and cost out of your decision-making process.
- Difference-making technology – Our client has a platform that can develop vaccines and other pharmaceuticals more efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner, which is obviously incredibly practical in today’s time.
- Lead people and strategy – This opportunity will give you the ability to both lead and develop people, while also still staying actively involved in the day-to-day strategy and operations.
- Great location/place to live – Our client’s location offers an affordable, safe, central Kentucky location allowing easy access to several larger cities, while also offering a perfect place to raise a family. It is a tight-knit community offering a growing downtown with many different cultural options.
- Responsible/ownership for all Manufacturing activities for both small and large scale clinical/commercial manufacturing facility.
- Directly accountable for the daily Manufacturing Department activities.
- Lead and ensure that all activities are aligned with long range operating plan.
- Ensure all day to day activities support the delivery of product according to plan.
- Lead operations and the actions required to assure production schedules are achieved with the operational expense and capital budget.
- Build a high performing, scalable manufacturing organization focused on consistent, reliable, safe and compliant operations.
- Support the development of new products and make the essential changes to facility, staff and equipment to assure smooth tech transfers, process improvements, and validation programs.
- Collaborate with/participate in Regulatory and 3rd party inspections/audits as Manufacturing Department Lead.
- Develop long-term department goals and enact production strategies with the goal of increasing production and product quality.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related scientific discipline.
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience from concept through commercialization.
- People management experience is required.
- Proven track record of cross-functional engagement to manage multiple programs/projects.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills, including ability to communicate clearly to executives and stakeholders.
- Exhibits facility with written and oral communication for external audiences, especially on technical subjects.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA