Head (VP or ED), Strategic External Medical Affairs, Virology/ID: Remote-based, Pre-IPO Biotech, Proven Leadership Team: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone has been Retained by a Pre-IPO Biotech with a leadership team that has an impressive and proven track record within the Virology/Infectious Disease/Hepatitis space. Work alongside a knowledgeable, efficient, and close-knit team as they drive towards curative/first in class therapies. This is an opportunity to join a unique and talented team and bring curative therapies to patients while being rewarded with the benefits of Pre-IPO stock ownership.
The Head (Vice President or Executive Director), Strategic External Medical Affairs will take ownership for serving as the internal expert in relationship to all external facing Medical & Scientific communication, relationship management, competitive intelligence, engagement, etc. You will furthermore collaborate effectively with internal Executive Leadership in developing critical Medical and Scientific strategy and development. This position reports directly to the C-suite and will offer a great deal of autonomy to the appropriate candidate that can work remotely while traveling when necessary.
- Primary Medical & Scientific expert, interfacing externally with Key Opinion Leaders/global customers to develop medical/scientific relationships and competitive differentiation for the Company.
- Contribute to the creation of a Medical Affairs Plan to raise external awareness of Company clinical development programs, commitment to unmet needs in the field of virology, and path to innovative product commercialization
- Develops medical/scientific tools and strategies/tactics for education and market development initiatives globally inclusive of studies/publications, evidence generation, competitive assessments with existing and new product pipeline, advisory and speaking engagements, etc.
- Monitors external sources/trends and identifies and escalates emerging issues. These include (but are not limited to), treatment trends/emerging medical needs, market trends and competitor activity.
- Identify emerging medical trends of relevance to the clinical and commercial strategy, providing education and information to key external and internal stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of business strategy by delivering and executing exceptional medical and scientific information sharing
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise through familiarity with disease and therapy area knowledge
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external partners to further departmental and corporate objectives.
- Collaborate with internal commercial representatives and/or consultants to bring the medical perspective to commercial strategies and tactics.
- Participate in cross-functional internal project teams spanning clinical development, commercial, research, and medical affairs initiatives, .
- Participate in external meetings on behalf of company for educational and intelligence gathering and collaborative purposes.
- Develops and manages long term engagement plans with identified opinion leaders and thought leaders to achieve scientific, educational and business goals.
- Medical Affairs representative for Legal, Medical, Regulatory team for assigned products and or therapeutic area.
- Minimum of a master’s level advanced scientific/medical degree (e.g. MD, PhD, PharmD, MPH or other masters level degree).
- Extensive and focused experience within the Hepatitis/Virology/Infectious Disease field. Specific expertise within Hepatitis B/HBV is highly desired.
- Prior experience with thought leader management and best practices is required.
- 5+ years of combined relevant experience in a medical/clinical environment, scientific function in the pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Global mindset required, ability to partner cross culturally/regionally is preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA