Head, Analytical Development | Newly Created Leadership Role | Fast Growing Biopharma/Vaccines: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone has been retained by a unique, well-funded and rapidly growing Biopharma focused within Vaccine Development. This is an exciting time within the company as they are going through expansive growth across the organization, and continuing to build out a high-caliber leadership team is a priority. In this hands-on leadership position as the Head of Analytical Development/Services, you will manage and develop your own team (10+) and play a critical role in the continued growth and success of this company doing amazing science.
Our client is a leader in their field of expertise and has developed their own unique technology platform, as well as allowing for a best of both world’s environment to include a smaller, nimble and inclusive culture while offering top-notch compensation/benefits package that is usually offered only at larger companies.
Attractive Features of this Opportunity:
- Newly-Created Leadership Role/Department Head – This is a newly-created leadership role overseeing a team of 10+ analytical R&D/QC scientists. This is a great opportunity to leverage your analytical R&D and leadership experience to significantly/visibly impact the success of the company.
- Perfect Time to Join: You will be joining this company at an ideal time as they are going through an exciting transformational growth/expansion phase.
- Exciting Science & Difference-Making Technology – Our client has a platform that can develop vaccines and other pharmaceuticals more efficiently, effectively and faster than traditional methods, which is obviously very practical and advantageous in today’s world and going forward.
- Smaller, Creative, Family-Friendly Environment – Our client offers an exceptional working environment. Their culture emphasizes creativity, passion and teamwork, which is led by their CEO and COO – both who have been with the organization since its inception.
- Excellent Compensation, Benefits and Relocation Package – Since our client is a subsidiary of a very successful larger company, they can offer exceptional benefits (health, financial, wellness, etc.). Furthermore, their relocation package is amongst the best in the entire industry.
- Great Location/Place to Live – Our client’s location offers an affordable, safe, central Kentucky location allowing easy access to several larger cities, while also offering a perfect place to raise a family. It is a tight-knit community offering a growing downtown with many different cultural options.
- Directly manage and lead a team of analytical development and QC scientists to characterized quality processes and products.
- Manages material and product testing activities and staff to ensure quality control; oversees analytical techniques / methods.
- Supervises development, implementation, and maintenance of quality control systems and activities according to CGMP.
- Provides technical review of analytical data integrity and laboratory documentation, method development reports, method validation protocols.
- Performs product quality control release, stability testing, method qualification, and execution of CGMP lab operations.
- Develops standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating products.
- Identifies and selects contract testing organizations for performing development as well as product release testing.
- Evaluates, designs and performs method development and validation employing phase-appropriate approaches for assay, purity, identification of impurity and degradation products, reference standard qualification and physical protein characterization of drug product.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for internal product development using advanced analytical techniques including but not limited to HPLC, LC-MS, FPLC, immunoaffinity, SDS-PAGE, as well as biophysical characterizations (CD, ANSm, FT-IR, SPR, SEC-MALLS).
- Interacts with internal partners during the technology transfers of analytical methods, stability testing, etc.
Education & Desired Experience:
- Advanced scientific degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 5 years directly involved in the operation and management of analytical development and quality control in a GMP-regulated environment.
- Proven team leadership experience, including management of direct reports and an in-house laboratory.
- Must be well experienced in protein/peptide characterization, including LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, HPLC, FPLC, immunoaffinity, SDS-PAGE, WB, as well as biophysical characterizations (CD, ANSm FT-IR, SPR, SEC-MALLS).
- Large molecule experience is a must.
- Experienced in novel analytical methods / testing development and implementing/improving quality control systems in pharma or biotech.
Brian Skurka | Partner
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 973-656-0220 x738
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP, LLC – Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA