Global Director, PRO (Patient-Reported Outcomes) Highly Attractive Global Pharma: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone ‘s HEOR/Market Access Practice has been retained to conduct a Global Director, PRO search for a long-time client, which is a global pharmaceutical company with many successful marketed products as well as a rich pipeline. They have an impressive oncology and immuno-science portfolio across all stages of development. This is an excellent opportunity as this highly visible, hands-on role will serve as a Global PRO (Patient-Reported Outcomes) Lead to develop strategy, shape and champion PRO methodology indications and assets.
Other Attractive Features about this Company & Opportunity:
- This is a growing capability within the company’s WW HEOR team. In this position, you will be the subject matter expert to their WW HEOR team, managing a broad scope of responsibilities, which include developing best in class PRO strategies. You will have US & Global responsibility for a portfolio of products.
- Global Pharmaceutical Company and a leader within Oncology. The Head of WW HEOR is a highly regarded/respected leader across the HEOR arena.
- This company’s compensation policies, benefit programs, and relocation assistance enables them to attract and retain top tier talent. They are also supportive of work-from-home.
- This company’s HQ is in an area of New Jersey that is highly attractive because (1) it is near many other pharma and Fortune 500 companies (2) it is accessible from both PA and NYC (by car or train) and (3) there are many towns nearby with highly-ranked school systems, negating the need for expensive private schools.
Responsibilities in a Nutshell:
- The primary focus is on developing, assessing, using, interpreting, and disseminating patient-reported outcomes (PROs), observer-reported outcomes (ObsROs), and clinician-reported outcomes (ClinROs) to derive treatment benefit during the clinical development of new medicines (Phase 2-4). The team also plays a key role in disseminating the findings of patient-centric outcomes through scientific journals, regulatory dossiers, and press releases.
- Maximize the impact of evidence of treatment benefit by providing input to briefing packages, publication strategies, and market access strategy.
- Be an ambassador for the PRO Team and promote the importance of PRO’s role to quantitative and qualitative COA across the organization.
- Prepare relevant sections of documents and communications for regulatory agency meetings, support and/or participate in said meetings at regulatory agencies, and provide robust evidence in support of submission activities.
- Prepare abstracts and manuscripts presenting COA results from clinical trials as well as COA development and validation studies that are aligned with publication strategy.
- Opportunity to participate in global external collaborations regarding policies, standards, and use of PRO measures (e.g., PRO Consortium, BIO PFDD Task Force, PRO-CTCAE working group, EuroQol Group, ISPOR working groups).
- Participate in creating and delivering education on COA measures for internal business partners.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Ph.D. or Master of Science degree.
- 4+ years of pharma-related PRO experience either for a pharma company, a pharma consulting company or in academic research focused on the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experienced with PRO requirements for regulatory and HTA/reimbursement agencies, including an understanding of the FDA Patient-Reported Outcomes Guidance.
- Knowledge of development and validation of PRO measures.
- Understanding of health care markets and regulatory and reimbursement decision making, especially in relation to the global use of PRO data.
- Be abreast of rapidly changing methodological and regulatory environment with regard to PRO.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills with regard to qualitative and quantitative data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to understand and communicate with representatives from the range of disciplines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects as well as balance workload and timelines. Able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to interact with and manage internal and external networks.
Rita Boyle | Partner – Co-Lead, Market Access/HEOR Practice
P: 973.656.0220 x735
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Senior Partner
P: 973.656.0220 x 716
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
About Cornerstone: Cornerstone Search Group partners with US and Global Pharmaceutical / Biotech / Medical Device companies to identify and recruit professionals for their senior staff through executive management level needs. Our services include: Retained Search, Contingent Search, and Strategic Advisory Services (org structure, recruitment strategies, compensation / benefit guidance). Started in 2000 by search industry veterans with a different vision on how to provide better professional service, we are Building Better Companies, Building Better Careers. ®
About Cornerstone’s HEOR and Market Access Practice: As one of the world’s leading HEOR/Market Access recruiting practices, we have completed over 150 search assignments including the Head of many HEOR and Market Access departments for companies of all sizes, as well as built out many departments (both in-house and field-based) from scratch.
Keywords: Health Economics and Outcomes Research HE&OR HOPE HOR GHEOR GHOSR PRO COA, patient-reported, patient-reported outcomes, QoL, quality of life, survey cancer quality-of-life, clinical-outcomes assessment, clinical outcomes assessment