Gene Therapy HEOR Program Lead (Direct Reports) – Top Pharma – NJ / PA Metro Area
Cornerstone Search Group’s Market Access/HEOR/RWE Specialty Practice has been exclusively engaged by a major pharmaceutical company to help them identify an experienced and impactful HEOR professional to helm their high-profile lead Gene Therapy asset/program Our client is seeking a talented HEOR professional who has demonstrated experience with developing and implementing innovative HEOR strategies, experience shaping the reimbursement landscape, understands ICER challenges, alternative billing methods (e.g. value-based contracting), and can think “outside the box” on how to approach reimbursement. The ability to communicate effectively across the matrix and up to C-level management is essential, as well as being open and collaborative. As this is a growing franchise, this position will hire and manage direct reports.
5 ATTRACTIVE FEATURES:
- (1) Opportunity to gain Gene Therapy and Rare Disease Experience if you lack it: Our client puts more value on a candidate’s IQ, EQ, and HEOR strategic mindset and accomplishments rather than prior Rare Disease or Gene Therapy experience.
- (2) Company/Compensation: Our client is among the top pharmaceutical companies in the world and offers a comprehensive and attractive compensation package that includes a generous base salary, bonus, annual stock awards (RSUs), enviable retirement benefits, and they also can offer a sign-on bonus to help offset forfeitures (i.e. 2020 annual bonus and unvested stock).
- (3) Leadership: We helped our client previously hire the VP, Head of the Department, and this position’s manager; both of whom we have known for many years and are well respected and highly regarded in the HEOR community. This is a new and growing therapeutic area and as a result it is anticipated that the person in this role will hire and manage direct reports.
- (4) Game Changing Asset: Work on the leading therapy for this rare disease/gene therapy indication that will be the first to launch.
- (5) Location/Relocation: Our client is conveniently located for people who live in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. This scenic area of New Jersey is home to many pharma and biotech companies, affordable housing options (a lot less expensive than California or Massachusetts), and is considered to have some of the best public-school districts in the country. They can offer an attractive relocation package for a post-COVID relocation. In the meantime, our client is not requiring people to work on-site until things get better.
- Lead the market access scientific strategy, evidence generation, and dissemination plans in preparation of the launch of this high-profile gene therapy asset.
- Ensure real world evidence and market access scientific support requirements are understood and built-in to the business plans with value propositions that reflect the needs of key payer stakeholders and lead scientific strategic planning for HEOR and RWE activities to enable market access.
- HEOR activities that you will be responsible for include: formulating key research questions, identifying key analytical questions to shape market access strategy, designing and conducting studies, planning and conducting market access analytics, managing publications, developing communication materials (e.g., Evidence & Access decks), and partnering with the HEOR Field HEOR team to ensure effective and compliant communication to payer customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners on scientific strategies to support market access.
- Directly initiate and manage research studies and other related projects.
- Ensure quality of design, execution, and publication of real-world evidence studies, and quality of models and tools developed for business partners.
- Develop annual business plan budget, present to appropriate levels of management for approval, and manage budgeted funds appropriately.
- Ensure quality in internal / external communications including publications, training support of HEOR studies, and models and tools being developed for this new therapeutic area.
- Serve as a leader on assigned cross-functional franchise teams, with internal partners such as HEOR colleagues, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Strategic Customer Group, Epidemiology, Government Affairs and Policy, etc.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- While a terminal degree is preferred, our client is focused on skills, experiences, innovative ideas, and demonstrated results executing on innovative ideas.
- Experience in Rare Disease or Gene Therapy is only a plus but is by no means required.
- 6+ years of relevant experience (e.g. health economics, outcomes research, real world evidence, epidemiology studies).
- Seeking strong clinical and commercial strategic mindset.
- Ability to communicate technical information (like outcomes research methods and study design) in a clear, concise, and non-techy way to a diverse audience (C-level, Commercial, Medical Affairs, etc.) and effectively manage internal and external stakeholder expectations.
- Self-starter with strong emotional intelligence and self-awareness
Rita Boyle | Partner – Co-Lead, Market Access/HEOR/RWE Practice
P: 973.656.0220 x735
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Sr. Partner – Co-Lead, Market Access/HEOR/RWE Practice
P: 973.656.0220 x 716
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Keywords: HEOR GHEOR WWHEOR Health Economics Outcomes Research Health Outcomes Real World Value Evidence Gene Therapy