Executive Medical Director, Global Medical Affairs (MD or PhD)| Rare Diseases: RETAINED SEARCH
In this Executive Director, Global Medical Affairs position, you will be the Global Medical Affairs (GMA) Leader for one of the key Rare Disease Portfolios and the Portfolio’s products. As the GMA Medical Leader you will significantly influence and impact the Medical Strategies, Priorities and Alignment used in the major markets (e.g. US, EU etc.) and the ROW markets too.
This is a highly-visible position with this growing and expanding Rare Disease Specialty focused Biotech that reports directly to the Head of Global Medical Affairs, and reports N-1 from the CMO and N-2 from the CEO. In this position, you will be able to make significant contributions that will most certainly have an impact on the portfolio’s success (i.e. help bring important rare disease treatments for rare genetic diseases to patients faster and better for the benefit of all internal and external stakeholders).
Confidentiality: All inquiries and submissions are treated as confidential information
Location: This Company is located in a Central NJ area that is commutable from many areas in NJ, PA and NYC too.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for qualifying candidates
Attractive Features about this Opportunity:
- Impact: you will make significant contributions and see the impact of your input and efforts
- High visibility: you will directly interact and communicate with Sr. Exec & Functional Management
- Valuable experience: you will gain valuable Global pre and post launch experience with novel assets
- Promotional opportunities: this position will provide you with an ideal opportunity to be noticed
- Culture: join a rare disease specialty company with an unparalleled commitment and sense-of-urgency to develop and get important novel treatments to patients
- MD or PhD degree is required
- Medical training and/or industry experience in genetics, metabolism, neurology, cardiology, pulmonary and/or with any rare diseases is a very big plus but not required
- Several years of Global Medical Affairs experience gained working in industry with a pharma/biotech
- Experience leading/aligning Global Medical Affairs’ Medical Strategies with major markets and the ROW markets (aligning portfolio/brand overall strategies with Medical Affairs and Commercial across markets)
- Very strong communication and presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to effectively work in a smaller entrepreneurial environment
Cliff Miras | Managing Partner
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC | Life Sciences Executive Search Specialists
6 Campus Drive, NJ 07054
Phone: 973-656-0220 x711
Keywords: Medical Affairs, MD, M.D., Physician, Medical Director, Rare, Disease, Metabolism, Metabolic, Neurology, Neuro, Muscular, Clinical, MSL, Liaison, Medical, Scientific, Communications, Publications, Label, Labeling, Regulatory, Health Economics, HEOR, HE&OR, RWE, Real World Evidence, RWD, Real World Data