Executive Medical Director, Breast Cancer | Global Clinical & Program Leader for Novel 1st-In- Class Therapy | Retained Search | NYC Area
This Executive Medical Director will be the Global Clinical and Global Program Leader for a Novel and 1st-in-class Breast Cancer personalized therapy where the current Standard-of-Care (SoC) is not effective. You will lead a team of MDs/Physicians and a Global Development Team to conduct an important Phase 3/Registrational Study and the ensuing NDA filing/submission. This is a very attractive opportunity to gain valuable Global Clinical Development, Program Leadership and NDA filing/submission experience, and to make significant contributions and a genuine impact on the progress and success of a very important Novel Breast Cancer Therapy that will improve and save the lives of Breast Cancer patients.
Location: NYC Metro Area (convenient/commutable from NYC, NY State, and many NJ areas)
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance is available
Attractive Features Include (there are many about the asset, role, company and more)
- Important Novel Breast Cancer Therapy: develop a Novel & 1st-in-class personalized Breast Cancer therapy
- Leadership: lead a team of MDs/Physicians and a Global Project team in a major Phase 3 study & NDA filing
- NDA Filing: lead the development team, and gain valuable NDA filing/submissions experience
- Impact: make significant contributions to the strategies & plans, and the execution of them for an NDA approval
- Visibility: report directly to a C-level Sr. Management Team member
- Collegial: enjoy a culture that prides itself on its science/research and friendly & collegial work environment
- Proven Success: join an oncology company with multiple development success (i.e. FDA approvals)
- 1st Line & Breakthrough: join an oncology company that has developed 1st line & breakthrough cancer therapies
- In-house R&D: join an oncology company with multiple “in-house” developed successes
- Pipeline: join a company with multiple early & later-stage assets in addition to its commercialized assets
- Strategic Collaborations: join an oncology company with a track record of establishing successful collaborations
- R&D Spend: join an oncology company that understands the financial commitment and investment necessary to succeed in the oncology therapeutic area, and that spent over $1 Billion in R&D last year
- Culture: join an oncology company that has always kept “helping cancer patients” as its primary goal and focus in all its day-to-day development efforts
- Best of both worlds: join a company that offers the best an established global biopharma offers, i.e. generates significant annual revenues and profits, invests heavily in its annual R&D spend, offers a strong early and later-stage development pipeline and more, AND that offers the best a small biotech offers too, i.e. minimal layers of management, nimbleness and swift decision making
- MD Hematologist/Oncologist, Board Certification is a plus
- Several years of progressive oncology clinical development experience gained working in industry
- Later-stage clinical development experience is highly preferred
- NDA filing/submissions experience is highly preferred
- Strong communication skills (i.e. oral communications, writing and presentation skills)
- Leadership experience directly or indirectly leading/managing other professionals
Confidentiality: All communications are treated as highly confidential information.
Cliff Miras | Managing Partner & M.D. Specialty Practice Leader
P: 973.656.0220 x711
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
About Cornerstone Search Group: Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top Executive Search Firms in the USA (2017 & 2018), we are an industry-leading Pharma & Biotech Executive Search Firm that works with small biotech startups all the way through to large branded & generic pharmas. We are particularly known for our long history of success in helping small, lesser-known US and Internationally-based pharmas/biotechs compete for top talent at the Director, VP, and CxO (CEO, CMO, CSO, CCO] levels.
Recent Retained Searches our Hematology/Oncology MD/Physician Specialty Practice Area has successfully completed include *CMO for a Boston-based Early-Stage Oncology Biotech, *SVP & Head of Translational Medicine & Early Clinical Development for a Boston Oncology Biotech, *SVP & Global Head of Oncology Medical Affairs for a Global Oncology Leader, *VP of US Oncology Medical Affairs for an expanding Global Oncology Co, and *Executive Director of Early Clinical Immuno-Oncology Development for a Top 10 Global Immuno-Oncology Co.
Keywords: oncology, cancer, tumor, breast cancer, FDA, NDA, Leadership, estrogen receptor agonist, hormone, endocrine, clinical, project, program, phase, program, retained search, novel, combination, pharmaceuticals, biotech, biopharmaceuticals, executive search, retained search, recruitment