Executive Director, Global Medical Affairs, Oncology | Lead Multiple Launches | Report to CMO | Manage a Team | Top 20 Oncology Co | NYC Area | Retained Search
As the Global Medical Affairs Leader, you will report directly to the CMO of this Top 20 Oncology Company. You will lead the important discussions and decisions to develop the global strategic pre-launch, launch and LCM plans and actions for this Company’s most valuable product/asset. You will manage a team of MDs/Physicians to execute the strategic plans for multiple new and additional indications and line extensions into existing commercial markets and new commercial markets too. This is an outstanding opportunity to make significant contributions and a strong impact on this Company’s most important asset/product.
You will also enjoy the best of both worlds too, i.e. the best of what an established biopharma company has to offer, which is strong annual revenues and profits, significant annual R&D spend/investment and a deep early and later-stage oncology pipeline, and the best of what a biotech has to offer, which is minimal layers of management with swift decision-making ability.
NYC Metro Area easily commutable from many areas within NJ, NY State, NYC and CT.
Attractive Features Include
- Visibility: report directly to the Chief Medical Officer/CMO of this Top 20 Oncology Co
- Impact: make significant contributions to the multiple global launches of this top asset/product
- Leadership: directly manage a team of MDs/Physicians
- Influence: you will be a key member of multiple Global Medical Affairs and Asset/Product Committees
- Top Asset/Product: you will lead the important strategic discussions & decisions for this Co’s top asset
- Career Advancement: this role provides an excellent launchpad for a future promotion
- Proven Success: join an oncology company with multiple development success (i.e. FDA approvals)
- In-house R&D: join an oncology company with multiple “in-house” developed successes
- Pipeline: join a company with multiple early & later-stage oncology assets in its pipeline
- Strategic Collaborations: join an oncology company with a track record of successful collaborations
- R&D Spend: join an oncology company that invests significantly in its annual R&D spend
- Culture: join an oncology company that has always kept “helping cancer patients” as its primary goal and focus in all its development and commercial efforts
- Science driven join an oncology company that prides itself on being a very science driven company that strives to first thoroughly understand the biology of the difficult cancers it seeks to treat
- Patients, patients, patients: join a company that truly cares about the patients it strives to help by discovering and developing important novel and better cancer therapies for difficult-to-treat cancers
- MD | Hematologist/Oncologist highly preferred. Well-qualified PhDs/PharmDs will also be considered.
- Strong Medical Affairs, Oncology experience gained working in industry for a pharma/biotech
- Pre-launch strategy and planning experience
- Launch management and execution experience
- Direct management and leadership experience (i.e. directly managing M.D.s/PhDs)
- Very strong communication (both oral and writing skills) and presentation skills
- Willingness and capability to be a strong “player coach,” i.e. can do both strategy and execution in a “hands on” capacity when needed
- Willingness and capability to travel domestically and internationally to major oncology meetings, conferences etc.
All inquiries and communications with Cornerstone Search Group are treated as confidential information.
Cliff Miras | Managing Partner & M.D. Specialty Practice Leader
P: 973.656.0220 x711
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
About Cornerstone Search Group: Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top Executive Search Firms in the USA (2017 & 2018), we are an industry-leading Pharma & Biotech Executive Search Firm that works with small biotech startups all the way through to large branded & generic pharmas. We are particularly known for our long history of success in helping small, lesser-known US and Internationally-based pharmas/biotechs compete for top talent at the Director, VP, and CxO (CEO, CMO, CSO, CCO] levels.
Recent searches our Oncology MD Specialty Practice have successfully executed include *SVP, Global Medical Affairs, Oncology, *CMO for an Oncology Biotech, *SVP, Head of Translational Medicine & Early Clinical Development for a Boston-area Oncology Company, and *Sr. Director/Team Lead, Early Clinical Development for a major NJ Immuno-oncology Pharma.
Keywords: Oncology, Hematology, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, Cancer, Tumor, Clinical Research, Clinical Development, Global, Leadership, Executive Management, Management, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Operations, Translational, Launch, LCM, lifecycle, manager, leader, real world evidence, RWE, real-world, health economics, value, HE&OR, market access, reimbursement