Executive Director, Global Medical Affairs, Oncology | Lead Global Medical Strategy for Multiple Launches | Manage a Team | Top 20 Oncology Co | NYC Area: RETAINED SEARCH
In this Executive Director/Executive Medical Director role you will be the Global Medical Affairs Medical Strategy Leader that will lead the important medical strategy discussions and decisions to develop the global strategic pre-launch, launch and LCM plans and actions for this Company’s most valuable oncology product/asset. This important asset already has multiple BTDs, and it will be launching as a therapy to treat multiple new cancer indications over the next several years (note: this asset is well on its way to becoming a blockbuster, i.e. generating over $1 Billion in annual revenue). This is a highly visible impact position that reports directly to the CMO, Head of Global Medical Affairs. This is also an important leadership role that will directly manage and mentor a team of MDs.
This is a very attractive opportunity to lead global medical affairs medical strategies and plans for one of top oncology assets in the entire pharma/biotech industry, where you will lead a team of MDs through this asset’s pre-launch, launch and LCM for multiple additional FDA and ROW indication approvals over the next several years.
You will also enjoy the best of both worlds too, i.e. the best of what an established biopharma company has to offer, which is strong annual revenues, profits and free cash flow, significant annual R&D spend/investment and a deep early and later-stage oncology pipeline, and the best of what a biotech has to offer, which is minimal layers of management with swift decision making ability.
HQ is in the NYC Metro Area that is easily commutable from many areas within NJ, NY State, NYC and CT.
Attractive Features Include:
- Visibility: report directly to the CMO & Head of Global Medical Affairs of this Top 20 Oncology Co
- Impact: make significant contributions to the multiple global launches of this top industry-wide oncology asset
- Leadership: directly manage a team of MDs/Physicians
- Influence: you will be a key member of multiple Global Medical Affairs and Asset/Product Governance Teams
- Top Asset/Product: you will lead the important medical strategy discussions & decisions for this Co’s top asset
- Career Advancement: this role provides an excellent launchpad for a future promotion
- Proven Success: join an oncology company with multiple development success (i.e. FDA approvals)
- In-house R&D: join an oncology company with multiple “in-house” developed successes
- Pipeline: join a company with multiple early & later-stage oncology assets in its pipeline
- Strategic Collaborations: join an oncology company with a track record of successful collaborations
- R&D Spend: join an oncology company that invests significantly in its annual R&D spend
- Culture: join an oncology company that has always kept “helping cancer patients” as its primary goal and focus in all its development and commercial efforts
- Science driven join an oncology company that prides itself on being a very science driven company that strives to first thoroughly understand the biology of the difficult cancers it seeks to treat
- Patients, patients, patients: join a company that truly cares about the patients it strives to help by discovering and developing important novel and better cancer therapies for difficult-to-treat cancers
- MD | Hematologist/Oncologist highly preferred. Well-qualified PhDs will also be considered.
- Strong Medical Affairs, Oncology experience gained working in industry for a pharma/biotech
- Pre-launch strategy and planning experience
- Launch management and execution experience
- Direct management and leadership experience (i.e. directly managing M.D.s/PhDs)
- Very strong communication (both oral and writing skills) and presentation skills
- Willingness and capability to be a strong “player coach,” i.e. can do both strategy and execution in a “hands on” capacity when needed
- Willingness and capability to travel domestically and internationally to major oncology meetings, conferences, etc.
All inquiries and communications with Cornerstone Search Group are treated as confidential information.
Cliff Miras | Managing Partner | MD/Physician Specialty Search Practice Area Leader
P: 973-656-0220 x 711
Cornerstone Search Group
Pharma/Biotech Executive Search Specialists | A Forbes “Top 250 Search Firm” for 2018 & 2017
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Recent searches our Oncology MD Specialty Practice have successfully executed include *SVP, Global Medical Affairs, Oncology, *CMO for an Oncology Biotech, *SVP, Head of Translational Medicine & Early Clinical Development for a Boston-area Oncology Company, and *Sr. Director/Team Lead, Early Clinical Development for a major NJ Immuno-oncology Pharma.
Keywords: Oncology, Hematology, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, Cancer, Tumor, Clinical Research, Clinical Development, Global, Leadership, Executive Management, Management, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Operations, Translational, Launch, LCM, lifecycle, manager, leader, real world evidence, RWE, real-world, health economics, value, HE&OR, market access, reimbursement