Executive Director, Portfolio/Program Mgt./Product Dev: Global Biotech (Vaccines & Biologics), Work-from-home: RETAINED SEARCH
SUMMARY: Cornerstone Search Group has been retained by an attractive and unique global Biotech Company with a novel approach to advancing vaccine and antibody development. This critical position is one level removed from the CEO and will report to and work alongside the Global Head, Manufacturing Sciences & Technology, Product Development, and Quality to provide technical oversight while balancing both strategy and execution.
This highly visible position requires a big picture mindset with the ability to orchestrate overall programs during a critical stage in our client’s growth, in which they plan to advance/scale-up several programs into later-stage development and future commercialization.
The Executive Director, Portfolio/Program Management and Product Development will be responsible for installing a formal process and governance structure for our client’s diverse and robust portfolio. This role requires a skillset adept at supporting cross-functional development teams, a firm understanding of creating processes, and a passion for operational excellence. This person will assume a collaborative role both internally and externally, communicating regularly with the CEO and COO, and providing leadership and oversight to the Project Management team and CMC leaders while overseeing the execution of the development programs.
Our client is looking for someone who thrives in a smaller company environment – someone who is collaborative and has strong emotional intelligence and executive presence. They further believe that this type of candidate can be trusted to have a great deal of autonomy, including working from home.
POSITION: Executive Director, Portfolio Management and Product Development
LOCATION: Remote – Global Headquarters in NY/NJ Metro area
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION AND COMPANY:
- Flexible Location: Our client is willing to allow the right candidate to work anywhere in the US. Given how critical this role is both internally and externally, they will expect that there will be a willingness to travel when needed (10-20%).
- Leadership and Mentorship: An opportunity to provide leadership to key areas within the Product Development and Portfolio Optimization functions, including CMC and Project Management, and partner with the Head of Regulatory Affairs to provide collaboration in the creation and composition of regulatory filing documents.
- Innovative/Unique Company: Work for a unique biotechnology company that is focusing on innovative/ground-breaking therapies across the global vaccine/antibody landscape.
- Unique Culture: Work in a very collegial, fast-paced environment that allows for swift decision-making and creative approaches to getting things done. Their people are truly inspiring and work in Biotech for all the right reasons.
- Strategic and People Management: Unlike many senior-level PM roles, this position allows you to both manage and create strategy, while also managing the people/a team.
- Create and align Product Development Teams for all programs in clinical trials or pre-IND state (post nonclinical tox), collaborating across Clinical, Regulatory, Non-clinical Toxicology, Biometrics, Quality, CMC, and Medical Writing.
- Ensure consistency by overseeing an end-to-end milestone-driven process for Product Development.
- Incorporate principles for effective pharmaceutical development; create and lead the appropriate governance system that can serve all programs beginning at the Pre-IND stage, ensuring end-to-end planning, based on a clearly defined project plan.
- Integrate and coordinate Discovery, Clinical, CMC, Regulatory Affairs and Market Access to plan for future funding needs.
- Partner with the Global Head of Product Development, Portfolio Optimization. and Quality to provide technical oversight and make key decisions on process, analytical development, formulation, delivery and manufacturing technical needs as they arise.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and leadership to pivotal areas within the Product Development and Portfolio Management functions, including CMC leaders and the Project Management team.
- Support The Global Head of Product Development, Portfolio Optimization and Quality in other responsibilities, including the management of relationships with external organizations for Product Development Programs.
- Support the development of the long-term strategy and the identification of new Business Development opportunities.
- Build and manage strategic relationships with key stakeholders, PIs, etc.
- Manage direct reports within Project Management with the opportunity to also grow the team across other areas.
- Monitor quality metrics and recommend opportunities for improvement, including the enhancement of existing SOPs in place, team trainings, etc.
- An advanced scientific degree is preferred. A Ph.D. degree is desirable.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in vaccine or biological development.
- Experience launching vaccine or biological products is desirable.
- Proven history of portfolio management in an international pharma or biotech organization.
- Experience collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders in various geographic locations.
Cornerstone Search Group considers all inquiries, resume submissions, and any other personal information submitted/shared with us as confidential information. Any information provided/shared with us will not be shared with any parties outside of Cornerstone Search Group without your prior permission.
Thomas J. Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP
350 Main Street | Chatham, New Jersey 07054 USA