Director, Translational Sciences (remote) | CNS/Neuroscience | Exciting Early Clinical-Stage Biotech | RETAINED SEARCH
SUMMARY: Cornerstone Search Group has been retained by an attractive clinical-stage biotech company focused on developing first-in-class therapies in the CNS/neuroscience area. In this newly-created role, you will report to the Chief Scientific Officer and you will lead GLP preclinical studies for the Company’s lead compounds, as well as guide the development of novel agents through the application of well-designed behavioral assessments. This is great time to join as the company is growing and you will have the ability to truly impact from day one. Given the smaller company environment, our Client is seeking someone who is flexible, embraces startup biotech, and is comfortable working in a hands-on capacity.
LOCATION: This is a remote-based position
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS POSITION AND COMPANY:
- Impact & Visibility: A high-impact role where you will work alongside the CSO and other Senior Leadership, and play a key role in the continued growth/success of the company.
- Exciting Company: Our Client has been highlighted in a number of publications as one of the most promising young biotech companies in the neuroscience/mental health space.
- Small Biotech Culture: The company offers all the attractive features sought with a smaller fast-paced biotech company (autonomy, small team camaraderie, high-impact, agility, minimal layers/bureaucracy), which fosters better collaboration, communication, and swifter decision-making (i.e. emphasis on progress and moving things forward).
- Impressive/Accomplished Executive Leadership: You will work closely with an industry-experienced and accomplished Executive Leadership team with proven successes leading both early/Pre-IPO biotechs and late-stage companies through commercialization.
- CEO’s Track Record of Success: The CEO (with whom we have a longstanding relationship) is an extremely accomplished executive with a very impressive track record of success in the biotech industry.
- Lead research on the biological effects of novel small molecule agents in standardized GLP & non-GLP testing.
- Manage & support the coordination and oversight of Drug Development activities by vendors.
- Define critical pathways for streamlining work to focus on crucial information.
- Assess well-established and novel models to support the development and screening of drug candidates for a variety of indications.
- Effectively select, support, collaborate with and manage several CRO vendors and/or academic collaborators performing the assays and experiments; collaborate with internal departments.
DESIRED BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. in Behavioral Neuroscience, Neurobiology, Neuropharmacology, Pharmacology, or related discipline. Track record of academic excellence.
- 10+ years’ experience in a pharmacology/toxicology setting with at least 5 years within a team working on novel agent translation from bench to clinic (pre-IND to IND), preferably the work has involved neuroactive agents and/or neurotransmitters.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of neuroscience with a background in receptor pharmacology.
- Ability to define protocol, review, and author behavioral and toxicology reports from CROs as well as support reporting in regulatory documentation for pre-IND and IND activities based on standardized guidance principals (GXP, ICH).
- Versed in ICH safety guideline, its interpretation & application, and its strategic implementation in robust safety program necessary to meet phase appropriate regulatory filings.
- Knowledge in analytical chemistry, bioanalysis, including analytical method validation principles.
- Knowledge of pharmacokinetics modeling principles and interpretation, and extrapolation of such models.
- Ability to design studies and manage vendors while meeting timelines and within cost margins.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, organized, and self-driven individual who can work autonomously and within a team.
- Ability to be inspired by creative thinking, to see opportunities within large datasets of information, and be able to communicate those ideas effectively.
Viola Serrano | VP & Principal, R&D Executive Search
P: 973-656-0220 x734
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
350 Main Street | Chatham, New Jersey 07928 USA