Director, Talent Management (Global HR) | Unique Clean-Slate Opportunity | Fast Growing Oncology Biopharma | NJ
Our client is a profitable and quickly growing biopharma company focused on developing novel oncology/I-O therapies. This is an exciting time within the organization as they are going through a transformational phase, and continuing to build out an innovative high-caliber Talent function is a priority. In this new role, you will be responsible for end-to-end talent management from day one and looked upon to design and build a talent philosophy/strategy, performance management processes, development tools/training, as well as workforce planning for the organization. There is a lot of “creation” in this role, and so the right person for this position will have done both the talent program design/strategy and execution of it. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work closely with a highly respected executive leadership team and create your own stamp/imprints on this function and organization.
Attractive Features about this Company & Opportunity:
- Unique Clean-Slate Opportunity: Play a focal role in helping to shape the organization/direction and have a significant impact on the company’s continued success.
- Impactful Position: This is an exciting opportunity to come in and “build”, where your impact will be felt throughout the organization.
- Enjoy the Best of Both Worlds: Join a stable and profitable publicly-traded company with an exciting development pipeline focused on novel therapeutics, while also getting all the pluses of working for a company that really functions like a start-up (high impact/exposure, autonomy, collaboration, doing both the strategy and beginning-to-end execution).
- Perfect Time to Join: This is a great time to join this company as they are in an exciting transformational stage.
- High Visibility: You will report into an experienced and highly-regarded Head of Talent Innovation (with whom we have a close relationship) and work closely with Executive Leadership and other Functional Heads.
- Exciting Oncology R&D Pipeline: Leveraged by its technology and robust/promising drug development oncology pipeline, this company is well-positioned for continued success and growth.
Responsibilities in a Nutshell:
- Responsible for designing, developing and overseeing the company’s talent management programs including workforce planning, performance management and succession planning.
- Ensures talent management strategy and programs are aligned with the People Strategy and the company’s business objectives.
- Develops, implements and refines organization wide and function specific competency frameworks that set out the expectations and behavioral and skill requirements for respective levels of employees.
- Integrates those frameworks into talent management processes and works with others in HR to implement them into Talent Acquisition programs.
- Develops and implements assessment techniques designed to give actionable developmental feedback to employees and their managers.
- Works with HRBPs and others to define talent needs and partners with other colleagues in Learning and Development and elsewhere in HR to ensure those needs are met collaboratively.
- Ensures that talent programs are managed cost effectively and are aligned with competitive benchmarks.
- Manage a team of talent professionals that are assigned to execute on specific talent management programs.
- Build relationships with organizational leaders to understand evolving needs for critical HR programs that helps align needs and program priorities.
- Engage with all employees to sustain trust and gain continuing insights into opportunities to improve individual and organization performance.
- Design key training and development solutions that strengthen manager capabilities.
Education & Desired Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant expertise in talent management practices, including performance management, succession management and workforce planning.
- Biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
- Ability to translate business strategy and operational plans into actionable workforce and talent management plans and programs.
- Experience implementing and/or utilizing talent management technology.
- People management experience (direct reports) is required.
Brian Skurka | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x738
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Recently Completed Retained Searches by Cornerstone:
- Chief Medical Officer | Clinical-stage cell therapy biotech | NYC
- Chief Scientific Officer | Mid-size global biotech | NJ
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD Generics start-up
- VP, Oncology Drug Development | Early/later-stage oncology biotech | NJ/NYC
- VP, Clinical Operations | Clinical-stage gene therapy biotech | Philadelphia
- VP, Clinical Operations | Oncology start-up biotech | NJ
- ED, Clinical R&D, Oncology | Early-stage I-O biotech | Boston/Cambridge
- ED, Early Development, I-O | Top 10 Onc/I-O Co | Philadelphia area
- Head of Human Resources | Clinical-stage gene therapy biotech
- Senior Director (Head), Global Clinical Operations | Cell/Gene Therapy Biotech | NYC
- Medical Director, Clinical Development Oncology | NYC/NJ area
- Head, Clinical Trial Management| Early-late stage gene therapy biotech firm