Director, QA: Growing Unique Biopharma – Newly-created – Top QA position (report to COO): RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone has been Retained by a unique, well-funded, rapidly growing Biopharma focused within Large Molecule (Vaccines, Antibodies, etc.) Development through a unique manufacturing platform. Our client is a leader in their field and is part of a larger established company - allowing for a smaller, nimble and family-friendly culture while still offering world-class compensation packages, benefits and a top-notch relocation package.
This newly created position will serve as the Director, Quality Assurance and will lead all QA efforts during an incredibly important time in our client’s growth. Responsibilities include growing a team, developing strategy and serving as the most critical leader/overseer of the entire QA function. You will report directly to an excellent Chief Operating Officer.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES OF THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Smaller, creative, family-friendly environment – Our client offers an exceptional working environment. Their culture emphasizes creativity, passion and teamwork, which is led by their CEO and COO – both who have been with the organization since its inception (15+ years).
- World-class benefits and relocation assistance – Since our client is a subsidiary of a very large company, they can offer exceptional benefits (health, financial, wellness, etc.). Furthermore, their relocation package is top-notch, taking all the guess-work and cost out of your decision-making process.
- Difference-making technology – Our client has a platform that can develop vaccines and other pharmaceuticals more efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner, which is obviously incredibly practical in today’s time.
- Lead people and strategy – This opportunity will give you the ability to both lead and develop people, while also still staying actively involved in the day-to-day strategy and operations.
- Great location/place to live – Our client’s location offers an affordable, safe, central Kentucky location allowing easy access to several larger cities, while also offering a perfect place to raise a family. It is a tight-knit community offering a growing downtown with many different cultural options.
- In a nutshell, you will take ownership of the QA function across operations, systems, compliance, people and team management, cross-functional collaboration and strategy.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on quality assurance processes across the product portfolio.
- Advises program leaders with technological expertise where needed.
- Ensures that products, processes, facilities, and systems comply with quality standards and regulations.
- Oversees internal audits to monitor processes, facilities, systems, and materials, ensuring that company procedures are compliant with CGMP guidelines.
- Assist management in the expansion of function, evaluating performance of existing talents, recruiting appropriate new talents.
- Works closely with program leaders to help refining their development plans and coaching throughout the process.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related scientific discipline.
- 6-10+ years of Quality Assurance experience.
- People management experience is required.
- Proven track record of cross-functional engagement to manage multiple programs/projects.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills, including ability to communicate clearly to executives and stakeholders.
- Exhibits facility with written and oral communication for external audiences, especially on technical subjects.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA