Director, Project/Program Management – Oncology | High Visibility & Impact | Innovative Biotech | NJ: RETAINED SEARCH
Our client is an innovative clinical-stage biotech company focused on developing cancer immunotherapies across multiple indications. This company offers a small team camaraderie and fast-paced/collaborative work environment, as well as a diverse R&D pipeline across all phases. In this new role, you will report directly to the SVP of Global Program Management & Clinical Operations (with whom we have a longstanding relationship) and will lead the integration and cross-functional management, planning, and execution of projects in drug development for the Company’s top-tier immuno-oncology programs, and work closely with C-level/Executive Leadership. Given the small biotech culture and fast-paced work environment, our client is looking for someone who thrives in a small company environment and is able to look at the big picture while also bringing a hands-on, methodical approach to project management.
Attractive Features about this Company & Opportunity:
- New Opportunity & Ability to Impact: This is a very important and impactful new position where you will have the autonomy and ability to truly impact the company (unlike in larger more rigid/compartmentalized pharma companies). As a flat organization, you will have the opportunity to get involved in the strategic planning, presenting your ideas to senior management, and play a key role in the portfolio management process.
- Exciting Biotech Culture: The company offers all the attractive features sought with an entrepreneurial development/clinical-stage Biotech (fast-paced, small team camaraderie, impact, autonomy, minimal layers/bureaucracy) which fosters more collaboration, communication and swifter decision making (i.e. emphasis on progress and moving things forward), as well as tremendous opportunity for internal growth/advancement.
- Visibility: A challenging, highly visible role where you will report into the SVP of Global Program Management and work alongside of key executive-level leadership.
- Novel Oncology Therapies: Work for a unique biotechnology company which is focusing on innovative therapies with the opportunity for life saving, first-in-class treatments for cancer patients.
- Lead cross-functional teams and integration activities, and plan and execute fully integrated program plans for development and commercialization of the Company’s oncology programs.
- Work closely with the SVP, Clinical Operations, Chief Medical Officer, Functional Leads / Department Heads and other key stakeholders, helping to ensure optimal execution against agreed plans and consistency with Company goals and objectives.
- Support multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure successful implementation, management and completion of the Company’s development programs.
- Create and maintain integrated cross- functional project plans / timelines (e.g., MS Project Plans), contribute to development of core documents, and ensure effective communication between the teams and management.
- Play a key role in the portfolio management process.
- Develop project milestones and deliverables; prepare reports that summarize key progress and issues on development programs across departments and divisions, including presentations to senior management.
- Provide project management oversight and support in key areas, such as Risk Management and Communication Planning.
- Monitor and control the execution of the plans through their lifecycle while identifying and communicating issues and risks and developing mitigation plans.
- Serve as critical escalation point across functions.
- May be asked to serve as primary contact for alliance partners.
- Develop and maintain detailed MS Project Timelines / Gantt charts.
- Leverage Metrics and Key Performance Indicators as appropriate to help ensure execution.
Education & Desired Experience:
- An advanced degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Life Sciences or associated discipline is preferred. PMP Certification and/or relevant additional training is a plus.
- 8+ years of relevant project management and drug development experience at a pharmaceutical and/or biotech company.
- Significant cross functional experience in drug development; preferably strong oncology experience.
- Direct experience project managing INDs, NDAs, BLAs preferred.
- Experience with a biologic investigational product or cellular therapeutic is a plus.
- Ability to adjust altitude; executing on hands on tasks while being mindful of the “big picture”.
Brian Skurka, Partner
firstname.lastname@example.org - P 973-656-0220 x738
Cornerstone Search Group, LLC
6 Campus Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Keywords: Project Manager, Program Management, Director Program Management, Director Project Management, oncology, hematology, cell therapy, Project Lead, Program Lead, immune therapy, biologics