Director, Plant Growth: Growing Biopharma/Vaccines | Direct Reports & Strategy – Top Relo and Benefits: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone has been Retained by a unique, well-funded and rapidly growing Biopharma focused within Vaccine Development as they are going through expansive growth. Our client is a leader in their field of expertise and is part of a larger established company, ultimately allowing for a best of both world’s environment to include a smaller, nimble and family-friendly culture while offering world-class compensation packages, benefits and a top-notch relocation package that is usually offered only at larger companies.
The Director, Plant Growth is a critical hire to an expanding team and will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer. You will serve as the prominent expert for the company and also manage a team of direct reports. Our client is looking for an experienced and respected expert in the field as they continue to develop their technology.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES OF THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Smaller, creative, family-friendly environment – Our client offers an exceptional working environment. Their culture emphasizes creativity, passion and teamwork, which is led by their CEO and COO – both who have been with the organization since its inception (15+ years).
- World-class benefits and relocation assistance – Since our client is a subsidiary of a very large company, they can offer exceptional benefits (health, financial, wellness, etc.). Furthermore, their relocation package is top-notch, taking all the guess-work and cost out of your decision-making process.
- Difference-making technology – Our client has a platform that can develop vaccines and other pharmaceuticals more efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner, which is obviously incredibly practical in today’s time.
- Lead people and strategy – This opportunity will give you the ability to both lead and develop people, while also still staying actively involved in the technical strategy and operations.
- Great location/place to live – Our client’s location offers an affordable, safe, central Kentucky location allowing easy access to several larger cities, while also offering a perfect place to raise a family. It is a tight-knit community offering a growing downtown with many different cultural options.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on plant growth processes.
- Advises program leaders with technological expertise where needed.
- Collaborates with other functions to support business development proposals or evaluation of acquisition targets.
- Directs preparation and presentation for external engagements (e.g., key meeting with business partners, academic audience, global, etc.).
- Ensure programs are managed, executed, and delivered to support overall business strategy
- Lead the expansion of function, evaluating performance of existing talent and recruiting appropriate new talent.
- Works closely with program leaders to help refine their development plans and coaching throughout the process.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Scientific degree in agricultural sciences or relevant field.
- 7-10+ years of experience in commercial plant growth, indoor and/or vertical farming in a greenhouse.
- Agricultural science-related experience strongly preferred.
- Proven track records of cross-functional engagements to manage multiple programs/projects.
- Demonstrates strong collaboration skills, including ability to communicate clearly to executives and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication to external audiences, especially on technical subjects.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x717
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA