Director, Payer Marketing – Specialized NJ Pharma – Retained Search
Summary: A leading global specialty pharmaceutical company has retained Cornerstone Search Group’s Market Access/HEOR Practice in order to help them identify a Director, Payer Marketing. This role will support the development of Payer Marketing strategies and tactical plans for inline and pipeline assets. The Director of Payer Marketing will collaborate closely with Brand Marketing, HEOR, Account Directors, and Sales to develop comprehensive payer strategies and tactics that align to the marketing objectives and payer insights (i.e. value proposition, payer communication tools, launch strategies/execution, etc.). This individual will also be expected to keep senior and corporate executives informed about changes and emerging issues in the broad, managed customer environments.
Responsibilities in a Nutshell:The Director of Payer Marketing will be a key member of the US Market Access team, responsible for the development and execution of payer strategies and tactics to ensure inline product and pipeline product success. In partnership with cross-functional stakeholders, this position will develop strategic plans and utilize appropriate tools and tactics to execute on disease education and brand initiatives for payer and channel audiences.
- Multiple products marketed in more than 100 countries worldwide and robust R&D pipeline including prelaunch activities for company’s first biologic.
- Nimble and entrepreneurial environment that allows passionate people to innovate and make a visible impact.
- Ideal NJ location, easily commutable from northern and central New Jersey as well as NY and northern PA.
- Comprehensive compensation package including a generous base salary, bonus and LTI
- Annual car allowance
Responsibilities in detail include:
- Develop payer specific strategies and oversee tactics that ensure the successful execution of inline brand and pipeline access goals.
- Lead creation of a compelling payer value proposition that communicates clinical and value-based attributes to key payer segments and channels.
- Lead all payer pull-through initiatives, including design and implementation of key field access tools and resources.
- Manage agency and vendor relationships to develop promotional programs and tactics aligned with the payer/brand strategy.
- Participate in Market Access team meetings including annual field sales meetings and POA meetings
- Attend key market access trade and professional association meetings.
- Develop and maintain a thorough, comprehensive and current understanding of the dynamics driving the various managed markets segments and channels including: Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, VA, DoD and other relevant payer Institutions.
- Effectively manage budgets and project timelines.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- In depth knowledge of the payer environment and understanding of the evolving reimbursement landscape
- Understanding of government regulations associated with product promotion and industry-supported scientific education activities
- 7+ years in pharma/biotech payer related positions
- 2+ years in payer marketing position preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Experience in biologics and/or product launch experience is a plus.
Rita Boyle | Partner – Market Access/HEOR Practice Co-Lead
Key words: Payer Marketing, Managed Care Marketing, Market Access