Director, Medical Science Liaison, Psychiatry – Southwest Region | Top Compensation: RETAINED SEARCH
Summary: A multi-billion-dollar pharmaceutical company has retained Cornerstone Search Group in order to help them identify a Director, Medical Science Liaison (for the Southwest Region). Some of the attractive/unique features about this opportunity include:
- Unlike Medical Science Liaison positions at many other companies, this is a Director-title/level.
- Diverse Product Portfolio: You will manage multiple products to include a blockbuster drug as well as a product with FDA Breakthrough Therapy designation status for 2020.
- Our client views MSLs as people and part of a close-knit team, not just a number like many Big You won’t be judged by a quota met, but rather by the relationships you foster/build.
- Highly-Competitive Compensation Package: Our client can be highly competitive when it comes to salary and total compensation, including a highly competitive base salary, bonus, Long-Term Incentives and company car. Also, our client will take into consideration a forfeiture of annual bonus and unvested long-term incentives (stock/options/cash).
- Geographic Focus: You will have a focused geographic region to include Southern California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and a small portion of Texas. You will not be asked to travel the country.
- Excellent MSL Leadership team: We know the MSL Team Lead very well. She, along with the Hiring Manager and many of the other team members have had extensive tenure.
Responsibilities in detail include:
- Our client is looking for a therapeutic expert in psychiatry to advance patient care and inform medical strategies throughout the drug life cycle through scientific exchange with healthcare professionals, thought leaders and advocacy organizations.
- Ability to meet the scientific needs of the medical community by responding to unsolicited inquiries and facilitating scientific interactions with healthcare professionals and the medical community through the provision of disease state and product information.
- Develop and maintain “peer to peer” scientific relationships with key thought leaders in health care, academia, and advocacy organizations.
- Identify national and regional thought leaders.
- Exchange information with the medical community on scientific issues, trends, ideas and practices related to patient care and identify unmet medical needs.
- Identify opportunities to work with the medical community; discuss research and medical information and facilitate initiation of clinical research studies, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a high level of therapeutic area, disease state and product expertise.
- Attend regional and national professional medical and patient society meetings to learn, gather clinical and business insights and support corporate activities.
- Participate in training, and other internal efforts to support medical objectives.
- Appropriately document interactions and act in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
Desired Skills & Qualifications: PhD, MD, PharmD, with 5+ years of relevant industry experience or MS, MPH, MBA with 7+ years of relevant industry experience.
Thomas Fascia | Partner
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomasfascia – 973.656.0220
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA
CH: 41 61 508 7010