Director, Manufacturing | Growing Biopharma | Direct Reports & Strategy | Top Relo and Benefits: RETAINED SEARCH
Cornerstone has been Retained by a unique, well-funded and rapidly growing Biopharma focused within vaccine and antibody development as they are going through expansive growth. This is a hands-on leadership position where you will oversee a team of ~10 as well as getting involved in the strategic aspects. Our client is a leader in their field of expertise and has developed their own unique technology platform, as well as allowing for a best of both world’s environment to include a smaller, nimble and inclusive culture while offering top-notch compensation/benefits package that is usually offered only at larger companies.
The Director, Manufacturing will play a critical role in our client’s continued growth and success. They are seeking an experienced manufacturing professional that can serve as both a hands-on strategic decision maker (taking a product from concept through process optimization and through commercialization), while also being a strong leader that can manage a team of direct reports.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- Smaller, Creative, Family-Friendly Culture – Our client offers an exceptional working environment. Their culture emphasizes creativity, passion and teamwork, which is led by their CEO and COO – both who have been with the organization since its inception (15+ years).
- Lead People and Strategy – This opportunity will give you the ability to both lead and develop people, while also still staying actively involved in the day-to-day/big-picture strategy and operations.
- Difference-making technology – Our client has a platform that can develop vaccines and other pharmaceuticals more efficiently, effectively and faster than traditional methods, which is obviously very practical and advantageous in today’s world.
- Excellent Compensation/Benefits and Full Relo – Since our client is a subsidiary of a large/established company, they can offer exceptional benefits (health, financial, wellness, etc.). Furthermore, their relocation package is top-notch, taking all the guess-work and cost out of your decision-making process.
- Great Location/Place to Live – Our client’s location offers an affordable, safe, central Kentucky location allowing easy access to several larger cities, while also offering a perfect place to raise a family. It is a tight-knit community offering a growing downtown with many different cultural options.
- A key thought leader and advisor for multiple programs; responsible for external engagement and team building.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on manufacturing technology, processes, and equipment for specific products.
- Manages a team of direct reports.
- Advises program leaders with technological expertise where needed.
- Collaborates with other functions to support business development proposals or evaluation of acquisition targets.
- Directs preparation and presentations for external engagements (e.g., key meeting with business partners, academic audience, global, etc.).
- Ensure programs are managed, executed, and delivered to support overall business strategy.
- Assist in the expansion of the function, evaluating performance of existing talent, recruiting appropriate new talent.
- Works closely with program leaders to help refine their development plans and coaching throughout the process.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- An advanced degree in engineering or related scientific discipline.
- 7-10+ years of manufacturing experience in process development and optimization especially for protein purification (e.g., chromatography).
- People management experience is required.
- Protein expression, large molecule experience strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of cross-functional engagement to manage multiple programs/projects.
Brian Skurka | Partner
E: email@example.com | P: 973-656-0220 x738
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP – Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
PO Box 5657 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA