Director (M.D.), Clinical Development – Rare Neurology Diseases : Top Boston Biotech : RETAINED SEARCH
A highly successful and uniquely attractive rare disease-focused Boston biotech has retained Cornerstone Search Group’s Medical Director practice to help them identify an intellectually curious, research-oriented MD who has either CNS educational training or Rare Disease industry clinical development experience to join their Neurology Clinical Development team as a Medical Director. This position will not only have clinical development responsibilities, but will also play a substantial role in shaping the company’s Neurology Rare Disease / Disorder pipeline by researching and defining disease area strategies and developing assets in conjunction with the company’s highly-productive Discovery Research organization and External Innovation and Business Development teams.
Attractive Features of this Company/Position include:
- multiple approved transformative therapies that are experiencing rapid sales growth, leading to very strong financial fundamentals (i.e. stock price and market cap growth) that support a very rich spend on R&D as well external JVs and acquisitions.
- a very strong pipeline focused on transformative/curative therapies, particularly genetically-driven rare diseases
- a highly productive and well-funded Discovery Research organization that is led by a world-renowned scientist
- a highly scientific, innovative, and fast-moving culture with one of the industry’s most impressive rosters of talent and a lean structure that fosters interaction with, and influence of, C-level management. At this company, thinking “outside-the-box” is encouraged and expected.
- very attractive compensation including sign-on bonuses to address forfeitures of an annual bonus and unvested stock, as well as one of the industry’s most attractive stock incentive programs
- Responsible for study design and execution. Oversee protocol design, execution and data analysis.
- Substantially shape the company’s Neurology Rare Disorder pipeline by researching and defining disease area strategies.
- Evaluate business development opportunities for both pre-clinical and clinical stage compounds.
- In conjunction with other relevant functional areas in both Research and Development, design the strategic clinical development plan for research programs and early clinical stage assets that emanate from this company’s very productive internal R&D team as well as assets acquired from other companies or academia.
- Collaborate with Translational Medicine to develop translational strategies for research programs and assets in early clinical development
- Interface with FDA and international regulatory authorities. Assist the Regulatory Strategy staff in the compilation of submissions and in the response to inquiries
- Serve as a Leader or Participant on cross-functional project teams and internal review committees
LOCATION: Conveniently located for people who live in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island, and it’s accessible by both car and mass transit (train and subway “the T”). The company offers travel subsidies as well. For those outside the area, our client can provide a relocation package. The Boston Metro area is very attractive due to the wealth of established pharmas and start-up biotechs, its diversity of industries (finance, hospitals, academia, tech, etc.), top-ranked public schools, it’s cultural attractions, and a worldly population that is the most highly-educated metro area in the country.
RELOCATION: An attractive relocation package is available.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- MD required
- A PhD, MS, Research Fellowship or lab research experience is a plus.
- Training in Neurology, Psychiatry or similar is a plus. If this is not your training, our client will equally consider someone with rare disease clinical development experience who has interest in neurology rare diseases.
- Industry experience in clinical development.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, team-based, matrixed environment where thinking “outside-the-box” (i.e. creating novel and creative clinical development plans, regulatory strategies, etc.) is expected rather than condoned.
- Strong intellectual curiosity.
- Desire to help continuing to build and shape this Rare Neurological Disease clinical development unit.
Corey S. Ackerman, JD | Senior Partner
email@example.com | http://www.linkedin.com/in/coreyackerman
973.656.0220 x 716
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Life Sciences Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Keywords: Huntington’s Disease, Fabry, Rett Syndrome, CDJ, Creutzfeldt-Jakob, Batten, Cantu, Bobble-head Doll Syndrome, Adrenoleukodystrophy, ALS, Angelman, Ataxia, SMA, Gaucher’s, Guillain-Barre, Lipid Storage Disorders, Myasthenia Gravis, Pompe, Riley-Day, Spinal Cord Injury, Tay-Sachs