Director (Head), Human Resources | Cutting-Edge Gene Therapies | Exciting & Rapidly Growing Biotech | NJ
Our client is an innovative biotech company (publicly-traded) focused on developing first-in-class gene therapy treatments for life-threatening rare diseases. This is an exciting time within the organization as they have been growing quickly across a number of departments. In this new role, you will provide hands-on HR leadership and focus on areas such as strategic organizational planning/development, employee relations, and culture within this fast growing company. You will play an important role in helping to build and scale the organization, while maintaining the critical elements of culture and identity. Our client offers a very dynamic work environment, so the right person for this role will be someone who thrives and truly enjoys working in a fast-paced and hands-on startup capacity.
Attractive Features about this Company & Opportunity:
- Unique Clean-Slate Opportunity: Play a focal role in helping to shape the organization/direction and have a significant impact on the company’s continued success.
- Exciting Biotech Culture: The company offers all the attractive features sought with an entrepreneurial development/clinical-stage Biotech (small team camaraderie, impact, agility, quick decision-making, autonomy, minimal layers/bureaucracy) which fosters more collaboration, communication and swifter decision making (i.e. emphasis on progress and moving things forward).
- High Visibility: You will report into the Chief Operating Officer and work closely with Executive Leadership and other Functional Heads.
- Perfect Time to Join: This is an ideal time to join this exciting high-growth company, as they are expanding in all areas and progressing with multiple pipeline compounds.
- Cutting-Edge Gene Therapies: Leveraged by its innovative science and technology platform, and exciting drug development pipeline, this company is well-positioned for continued success and growth.
Responsibilities in a Nutshell:
- Provide hands-on human resources services to the company’s leadership, management, and employees by providing strategic insight and through practical, efficient delivery of day-to-day core HR processes and practices.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with executive leadership, and provide advice and support on talent management and development, team dynamics, communications, employee engagement, and longer-term organizational planning.
- Work closely with senior management in strategic, annual, and ongoing business planning activities to align organization growth and evolution (e.g. structure, culture, HR practices) with pipeline progression and other critical company priorities.
- Build relationships with organizational leaders to understand evolving needs for critical HR programs that helps align needs and program priorities.
- Engage with all employees to sustain trust and gain continuing insights into opportunities to improve individual and organization performance.
- Help design key training and development solutions that strengthen manager capabilities.
- Ensure and oversee efficient, effective Performance Management process to include annual goal setting, mid-year and final year reviews.
- Promote strong culture through review and design of key organizational processes.
- Engage with senior management on overall compensation and benefit strategy and program change in support of evolving business and employee needs.
Education & Desired Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 8-10+ years of progressive HR experience, ideally in a Clinical R&D environment, with broad generalist knowledge in organizational development, employee relations, compensation, and training and talent acquisition.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
- Strong relationship building and coaching skills at all levels of the organization.
- Flexible, resourceful, and ability to work effectively on multiple tasks on deadline and under pressure.
Brian Skurka | Partner
P: 973-656-0220 x738
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP - Pharma & Biotech Executive Search
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Recently Completed Retained Searches by Cornerstone:
- Chief Medical Officer | Late-stage Public Cell Therapy Biotech | NYC
- CEO | generic injectable start-up
- Chief Scientific Officer | Mid-size Global Biotech
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD generics start-up
- VP, Oncology Drug Development | Early/later-stage Oncology Biotech
- SVP, Clinical Operations | Clinical-stage biotech | Boston
- SVP, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs | Late-stage Israeli Biotech
- VP, Head of R&D Operations | Boston Biotech
- VP, Clinical Operations | Oncology start-up biotech | Philadelphia
- ED, Clinical R&D, Oncology | Early-stage I-O Biotech | NYC area
- ED, Early Development, I-O | Top 10 Onc/I-O Co | Philadelphia area
- VP, Head of Real-World Evidence | Top 5 Pharma
- Medical Director, Clinical Development | NYC/NJ area
- Head, Clinical Trial Management| Early-late stage gene therapy biotech firm
About Cornerstone Search Group: Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top Executive Search Firms in the USA (2017 & 2018), we are an industry-leading Pharma & Biotech Executive Search Firm that works with small biotech startups all the way through to large branded & generic pharmas. We are particularly known for our long history of success in helping small, lesser-known US and Internationally-based pharmas/biotechs compete for top talent at the Director, VP, and CxO (CEO, CMO, CSO, CCO] levels.