Director (Head), Employee Experience | Unique Clean-Slate “Building” Opportunity | Fast Growing Biopharma | NJ
Our client is a profitable and quickly growing biopharma company focused on developing novel therapies in the oncology/I-O space. This is an exciting time within the organization as they are going through a transformational phase, and continuing to build out an innovative high-caliber HR function is a priority. As the head of Employee Experience & Engagement, you will be responsible for the design/strategy/buildout and execution/roll-out of EVP programs, designing effective communication strategies for employees, and leading prioritized initiatives to enhance employee experience using an innovative design thinking approach. This is a brand new role to the organization which truly represents the company’s commitment to transforming HR and the overall experience for its employees.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to come in and really make this your own/create your own mark/imprints on this function and organization, while also working closely with a highly respected industry-experienced executive leadership team.
ATTRACTIVE FEATURES ABOUT THIS COMPANY & OPPORTUNITY:
- Unique “Clean-Slate” Opportunity: This is an exciting opportunity to “design/create” the strategy of an employee centered experience, as well as launching, executing, and sustaining it. You will play a focal role in helping to shape the organization and so your impact will be significant.
- Enjoy the Best of Both Worlds: Join a stable and profitable company with an exciting development pipeline focused on novel therapeutics, while also getting all the pluses of working for a fast-growing company that really functions like a start-up (high impact/exposure, autonomy, collaboration, doing both the strategy and beginning-to-end execution).
- Perfect Time to Join: This is a great time to join this company as they are in an exciting transformational phase – which you will be an important part of and have the chance to come in and create the company’s first footprints in this area.
- Fantastic Hiring Manager: You will report into an experienced and highly-regarded department Head and work closely with Executive Leadership and other Functional Heads.
- Exciting Oncology R&D Pipeline: Leveraged by its technology and robust/promising drug development oncology pipeline, this company is well-positioned for continued success and sustained long-term growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL:
- Partners with the head of the department to develop and deliver a company-wide total wellbeing strategy that drives an excellent employee experience that enables their people to bring their very best to serve their patients. Responsible for developing the strategy and execution of an employee centered experience and ensuring that employees remain engaged in the company mission.
- Coordinates with other HR leaders to ensure EVP (Employee Value Proposition) is being applied consistently across all HR functions, programs and processes.
- Leads prioritized initiatives to enhance the employee experience (e.g. on-boarding and assimilation) using a design thinking approach and incorporating innovative thinking and external best practices.
- Provides thought leadership and direction in every part of the employee lifecycle, including organizational design, change management, and cutting-edge employee engagement practices.
- Acts as an advocate for managers and employees in developing all HR strategies, processes, programs and systems.
- Building the strategy for employee engagement surveys for the organization.
- Designing and administering employee engagement and culture studies to identify key employee opinions and needs throughout the organization.
- Design effective communications strategies for employees while partnering across all HR disciplines.
- Analyzing study results and, utilizing those results to formulate multi-year strategic recommendations to ensure the quality of the employee experience.
- Identify and implement technology to enable communications that enhance the employee experience within the company.
- Leads a strategic and collaborative people business partnership function that will enable our people and business to thrive as we scale.
- Helps evolve the company’s culture and values in ways that drive accountability and result in happy, engaged, high-performing individuals and teams.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant human resources and/or communications experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and supporting organizational change.
- Expertise in designing and implementing communications strategies and effective employee engagement methods that drive growth, accountability and performance.
- Design thinking experience, as this is an important part of this position.
- Experience with successfully building out EVP (both the strategy and execution).
- Strategic thinker who can see the big picture, interpret business strategy and translate to short/long term objectives.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions.
Brian Skurka | Partner
E: email@example.com | P: 973-656-0220 x738
CORNERSTONE SEARCH GROUP, LLC
Six Campus Drive | Suite 301 | Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 USA
Recently Completed Retained Searches by Cornerstone:
- Chief Medical Officer | Clinical-stage cell therapy biotech | NYC
- Chief Scientific Officer | Mid-size global biotech | NJ
- President/US Commercial Head | OSD Generics start-up
- VP, Oncology Drug Development | Early/later-stage oncology biotech | NJ/NYC
- VP, Clinical Operations | Clinical-stage gene therapy biotech | Philadelphia
- VP, Clinical Operations | Oncology start-up biotech | NJ
- ED, Clinical R&D, Oncology | Early-stage I-O biotech | Boston/Cambridge
- ED, Early Development, I-O | Top 10 Onc/I-O Co | Philadelphia area
- Head of Human Resources | Clinical-stage gene therapy biotech
- Senior Director (Head), Global Clinical Operations | Cell/Gene Therapy Biotech | NYC
- Medical Director, Clinical Development Oncology | NYC/NJ area
- Head of Talent Acquisition| Clinical-stage rare disease biotech